Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 AM

If ur like me I have a lot invested in the ppl I've met on here! Too many are like family! It is my lifeline. Especially when your disabled and don't get out much. It can get lonely. We don't give up on family when there's change!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM

I have learned through working on computers that programs get updated all the time, and I have to learn how to use the new programs. I have found out that it isn't long before I am comfortable with the changes. So I don't stress out any longer over changes on the computer. This new board is taking some time to learn, but that's good for my brain! I hope everyone will give it a chance.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 PM

I think we will love it once we get used to navigating around again!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 PM

I'm enjoying the new look of the site. It is taking a while to find everything, but that is the fun of it. What will I find today? It keeps the old grey matter working and we can all use that now can't we. Congratulations to Patrice and everyone else who was a part of this change - it is great!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by aggie View Post
How do I mark a thread as read? The envelope doesn't seem to change colors? I'm sure the snswer is simple. Love the new board.
The envelope itself doesn't change colors but goes from open to closed. Threads you read that don't have any new posts since you read them will have a closed envelope, ones with new posts since you read them will have an open envelope with a letter extending out. Next to the the open envelope there is a blue icon with two arrows, if you click on it, it'll take you to the first unread post in that thread. I believe the color of the envelopes depends on how "hot" a topic is.
Also once you read a tread, the title is no longer in bold.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

WOW .. all I have is praise for the people who run the board. They have a tough job, so do as others are doing (its change, move forward!) and read I realize its hard-but we all have to do it if we want this to really succeed for all of us !!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Ya know, CHANGE is good. I agree, it keeps us young. As long as there's something new to learn, your brain is working. How many have worked at jobs that something 'new' is always happening, everyone has to gripe a bit, then before long 'it's old hat'. I just wish everyone that has negative remarks would just take a bit and search the different spots on the new board. It's really not that hard to navigate. If there's a thread you're trying to find, just go to Search. It just takes a little thinking, grab a cuppa something (coffee) and have some fun, it's a new adventure. I'm 70, and I know if I can find things, there's others that can too. We all need NEW things in our daily lives.

Quilty Hugs
Jean
Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Ya know, CHANGE is good. I agree, it keeps us young. As long as there's something new to learn, your brain is working. How many have worked at jobs that something 'new' is always happening, everyone has to gripe a bit, then before long 'it's old hat'. I just wish everyone that has negative remarks would just take a bit and search the different spots on the new board. It's really not that hard to navigate. If there's a thread you're trying to find, just go to Search. It just takes a little thinking, grab a cuppa something (coffee) and have some fun, it's a new adventure. I'm 70, and I know if I can find things, there's others that can too. We all need NEW things in our daily lives.

Quilty Hugs
Jean
Well said Jean! From another Jean who is 69!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM

How do I change my format color when I write notes? Will it stay that color??
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 AM

butterjoy - Click on settings on top right of page. Scroll down to General Settings on the left side of page. Then scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and change your setting to Enhanced Interface. Go to bottom of page and save this format. Then you will see the format bar across the top of your Reply Page when you reply to a post. I have not found a way to "save" my format. You have to make the changes each time you post. That would be a great feature!

Jeanie