Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 PM

Next week we will think the new system is great. I'm just one of "those old seniors" who does not like change. LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Power Poster

i do like a couple of the features that I now know about -
When I was first trying to learn how to do word processing as compared to "ordinary" typing - I was ready to forget about the whole thing (it was "word star" and all the commands had to be typed) - I knew how to use my good old trusty Selectric - it had a second tape that lifted off mistakes - how great was that?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 PM

I really like the new look and the new board. It feels more intuitive to me. Thanks :P
Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i believe people can cause themselves to see or believe whatever they want to see or believe and no all of us do not hate change. software changes and upgrades happen a lot on the job but when the software changes are not really user friendly then comes the techno stress. there needs to be a shortcut list somewhere to help members navigate this new format but i have yet to find that.

many of us do not have all day (nor the patience) to sit and click through everything just to be able to read a couple of pages. there should be a roadmap somewhere to assist with this. unfortunately i haven't found one yet and i know that i am computer literate and software savvy. i use to train others to use programs. maybe one of the people who have had time to click through much of this board can provide a tip sheet.

learning something new, to me, does not mean this much frustration. learning something new should be a pleasant process imho.

If someone starts this roadmap or list to help those of us "whiners" who are having difficulty and don't have hours to try to figure it all out or just need help, please, please, please put it somewhere that we can find it. Make it impossible to miss and make it stick around for a bit. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Jim

spending a little bit of time and reading what the moderators and others have posted has helped me to finally like the change...I would like to see the "OLD UNREAD" topics now "RECENT" topics to be put into order as last date posted and not have all the other older date posts throw in all willy nilly...but thats just me..I can look at the dates..usually if I havent read a post before I dont want to now....seems the glass is half full not half empty
Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grambi View Post
If someone starts this roadmap or list to help those of us "whiners" who are having difficulty and don't have hours to try to figure it all out or just need help, please, please, please put it somewhere that we can find it. Make it impossible to miss and make it stick around for a bit. Thanks!
Grambi, I have not called anyone a whiner, but the QB Help Forum will really help. If you check every once in awhile Patrice has been posting threads that explain each of the new procedures we will use. Ghostrider posted links a few posts back. I just keep doing one thing at a time until I learn it... Patrice must be exhausted...
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 PM

Well, just tonight the mobile site is popping up on my iPhone. The old QB was fine on the phone, but I wasn't feeling good about the new format. I'm going to try to adapt, since I love the folks on QB.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
you know CHANGE might be necessary and sometimes good..but TOO much of even a GOOD thing can be just too much....not everyone who comes here has hours to spend trying to LEARN a new format...so if they leave it is THEIR option....I wish them all well. Same as I wish all who choose to stay and CHANGE well!
Your posting is so beautiful. It is so positive and knowing you respect the choices of others makes you a wonderful person. It is the nicest post about the new site that I have seen so far, and I have read a great deal of them.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Thank you for respecting the choices of others. For some older members this is a difficult time, because we don't always catch on so quickly, and that takes a lot of joy out of the change. It is a special person who speaks up about not criticising other people's decisions. Cudos to you.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 AM

The color of your font is very hard on the eyes, because it is so bright. Sure would be nicer to read, if it was not so bright, just a thought.