Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 AM

I must say I really like the new format --- I am spending much less time on it --leaving more time to quilt. Thank you Quilting Board for giving me my life back! Maybe my WIPs and UFOs will finally get completed.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 AM

I keep chipping away at it each day, and each day I am getting more and more into the swing of it. I think I like this new arrangement, especially how the posts are shown from "page 1" to "end page" (67?) - - but if it is a subject I have not known before, I can follow the "whole thread" - or I can just zip into the last few pages to see what has been said recently. I like (as already noted) the being able to hoover your mouse over a subject and get the "gist" of it before you open it. A lot of work went into this and I think we are going to like it once we get re-trained. I did notice on another post about the pictures in Rhonda's tutorials, some have become little boxes - - from what I understand a system she used when she added the tutorial pictures has changed and she just needs to make a small change to bring them back. I was concerned because I was changing something on my computer and suddenly I couldn't see her pictures - and I thought I must have messed up big time - but alas, it wasn't me!!

I think this is good for us!! I do wish we had the smileys though, or maybe I just haven't found them yet.
Have a great day all. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM

I do have one question though - and it is probably obvious but I haven't figured it out yet - what is the difference in the color of the envelopes? Some are red while most are blue -
Thanks.

Marysewfun
Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 AM

Family and friends have long said if it's a challene give it to "Bobbielinks". I've never considered myself one who enjoys a challenge, but I don't want something to get the best of me, so I keep working until I understand what I didn't understand before - Boy this sounds like I'm rambling! Anyway I learning the new board and enjoying it!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
You can "unwatch" old topics! Next time one comes up that you don't want to follow anymore, scroll to the top of the page, look at the tan bars just above the first post. Toward the right, click on "Thread Tools" and choose "Unsubscribe from this thread". Hope this helps!
When I go to thread tools, do I first have to subscribe to a thread before I can unsubscribe? Seems like a lot of effort -- wish both options were there at once.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Family and friends have long said if it's a challene give it to "Bobbielinks". I've never considered myself one who enjoys a challenge, but I don't want something to get the best of me, so I keep working until I understand what I didn't understand before - Boy this sounds like I'm rambling! Anyway I learning the new board and enjoying it!
Amen Sister.... I keep plugging along too..
Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 AM

I have found that everyday I go on the board it becomes easier to find the things I enjoy looking at.
It took time to learn to read, write, do math etc.. So maybe this is just our new learning experience.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM

Since so many like change, could we "change" back....please? Just kidding. I thought I was on the wrong site. Well, I just adjusted to retirement last year, am adjusting to mom getting older, losing friends to moving and dieing, not as spry as I was just a bit ago, found a kitten whom my older cat isn't tolerating, got a car last week with so many bells and whistles I forget to look at the road, hub getting over cancer, my old school closed, my church has been sold, they spent all summer putting in new sidewalks and street lights so the hookers can see the johns better and the drug dealers won't fall on the 'crack' on the sidewalk, my jeans are being outgrown as we chat and now the forum is new and improved. Is nothing going to wait til I get my breath! Nope!!
M
Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 AM

I guess people who want to learn how to use this site should and those who don't should not. If my shoe is tight I say ouch. Your foot won't hurt so you won't say ouch. People who expressed frustration or displeasure are saying ouch...it gave them pain. If you do not feel frustrated or displeased you are fortunate. Many times improvement comes when people are honest and express their thoughts pro or con. I never think con is negative just a way of trouble shooting in a search for what feels good. I hope we have sympathy and understanding for those who are not adjusting to this immediately. Helping has been common among members here. I am so impressed with the people who share what they know about quilting so perhaps that hand could reach out to help people through this adjusting time? If I could not turn on my sewing machine I bet someone here would be patient with me and help me with my problem. So in this instance some of us are not operating this site well and will appreciate help in doing so. Let's pull together, not divide into who is positive and who is negative. There are pro and con opinions for all areas of life. That is why we are a democracy and succeed. We respect the right of everyone to feel what they feel and say what they need to say. Thank you for reading my opinion. I will master this bucket of bolts but I will need patience and time...and some kind hand holding please. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by clcoats View Post
I'm no quitter either. I'm enjoying proving to myself that I can learn this site and it's going pretty good so far.
Regarding the Dave Barry quote, God I hope he is wrong!