Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM

I LOVE the new board!!!!!!!!! *high five*
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 PM

On first glance not an improvement but I'm sure it will be fine. I just don't like change. We will be fine. Now I need to find a search box...)
Old 11-02-2011, 01:52 PM

I agree too. My husband pointed something out...he used to lead teams in the development of software. They worked hard on those developments. Someone worked hard on the development of this new site too. Then there are people who complain about it. What if someone complained about a new quilt that you just finished? You work hard on something and someone comes along and slams it down. I think I'll read this thread here, about the positive things, rather than the negative stuff others are spouting.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Most people don't like change, me included. That comes from moving every 3 years to a new base. My daddy was Air Force. But this change is great. It will take me a couple of weeks probably to get everything down and know where everything is. My DH is the computer guru in our house and when he saw this he said wow great site. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in building the new board. I like it!!!!!! grammiepamie
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 PM

You are so right on. The first time I looked at this new board format, I thought OH MY Gosh, Won't be coming here much anymore. But today, I am getting a little more familiar and see users that were on the old board--glad to see them still here. Will take the time to learn the new format because I love this board. It is the first thing I look at on the computer when I get home from work.

Everyone have a great day!!
Chris
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 PM

I shall remain POSITIVE...I will at times get frustrated...but so is life! Will take me a little time to learn it, but just like I learned how to use the QB page when I first joined, it will come..and I'll be an expert again...lol. Glad there is a positive page too!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM

When adapting to the change in the QB's format is compared to someone liking a quilt, I've noticed that a few of you put forth the idea that once you have put in the hours necessary to make a quilt you are quite hurt when you find someone who doesn't like it - as some do not like the changes here to this format. Why is heaven's name would you expect someone to like your quilt because you spent a long time making it? Why would we like these changes based on the effort of the software designers? Software and quilts are liked or not liked based on personal preferences, not the amount of effort required to make them. We can appreciate hard work but that doesn't make the result either work or not work. Get real, folks. Our opinions are personal, not disloyal.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 PM

Change is not always for the "bad". I have been on here for two days and really have found almost everything I have wanted or needed to find. Why is it that we resist change? I am 71 years old and I think of change as a challenge. New things, new questions, new services. What is wrong with you you People. Give this a chance and I am sure you will be able to adjust. If your question isn't answered right away remember...you are one person with one question. The moderators are faced with I am sure a thousand questions and are doing their best to solve any problems. Bless them for their patience.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up My mamma didn't raise no quitter!

I am starting a new topic just to see if I can do it. I think I can...I think I can...I am determined to learn this new fangled QB even if it kills me! Who's with me?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 PM

Maybe someone has already discovered the answer to my 'challenges' ... PMs sent, how do you find the member who you sent a PM to without reading all of them individually? The inbox does show who sent a PM to me.

Also I miss the 'all from / all to' way of going thru messages regarding a single member. Is that gone too?

And how do we see a 'list' of all the postings we started, not replied to, but started?

I'll probably think of more but right now this has me stumped.