Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it possible to have... >

Is it possible to have...

Is it possible to have...

Old 08-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Power Poster

Never.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:41 AM

I spent so much on fabric that I totally ran out of batting. So last Sunday, ran to JoAnns and got batting for quilts and fusible fleece for totes. NO FABRIC! Don't know how I did it, and while driving home, I was regretting that I didn't buy that cute lemon fabric that I was eyeing! Now that took STRENGTH! But I did it!. I have plenty in my stash that I do not need to purchase anymore for quite awhile, but if I see something I really like, usually I buy it, so Sunday was highly unusual for me to pass up that fabric. But all I think about is how cute that fabric would have looked in potholders --- hmmmm, might have to go back to JoAnn's just to get that out of my mind!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:55 AM

Feel sorry for me.... Have a stash that when I make a top now dont have to buy any fabric just find it here.... BUT I live next door to my favorite LQS.....
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 AM

I tell you what - ever since those "Hoarders" shows have been on, I've really been trying to clear out - fabric included. I've got boxes I never see, with fabric that I bought when I was in the 1/4 yd. phase. Not enough to do anything with but a scrap quilt. So I spend yesteday getting a lot ready to donate. It will take several 'siftings', but I'm determined to find everything a good home.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I tell you what - ever since those "Hoarders" shows have been on, I've really been trying to clear out - fabric included. I've got boxes I never see, with fabric that I bought when I was in the 1/4 yd. phase. Not enough to do anything with but a scrap quilt. So I spend yesteday getting a lot ready to donate. It will take several 'siftings', but I'm determined to find everything a good home.
Me too ! Those "hoarders" shows had me taking a good hard look at my "accumulations" of fabric.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 AM

yah, I know the feeling of being overwhelmed too. I am starting to feel crowded out. Gonna have to work harder to get it made up and maybe share some of it with a friend.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 AM

"Hoarders" just doesn't have me looking at my fabrics; it has me looking around my whole house esp the kitchen. How do I end up with 5 ladles, 3 collanders, 8 cutting boards, etc?? Starting boxes for donation to Humane Society Thrift Store--I could prob outfit an entire kitchen for someone!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 AM

I saw an ad in our local paper an ad $25 for all fabric in garage. I called and seems the wife had sewed all her life and had a disease now that she couldn't. I headed over there and seems the husband had done this without the wife's knowledge. He called and said not to come but said when the time came he would call me. Months went buy and I got a phone call. I was really suprised as I figured that I would never hear from him. Hubby and I GPS'ed his address and found their house. Sure enough the garage had at least 6 shelves full of fabric but most of it was knit. All kinds of knit. After meeting the wife and talking with her she had sewed everything for her family even their suits. I didn't realize their were so many types of knit. I didn't have the heart to tell them I didn't want it as knew the husband was trying to get rid of stuff. Both were in their 80's and no children. So we packed it up and now I have 10 bins of knit fabrics I don't know what to do with. I did donate some to a theatre group last year. Right now I am thinking I will open up a bin, take a picture and put it on Craigslist and see what I can get. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
If anyone needs storage space,they can store it at my house.(he-he-he)
ditto here.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:29 AM

I have the same problem, when I lived in Ky, we had a store called Paul's discount and they had a huge area for crafts/fabric ($2.00 yd) all flat folds. My friend and I would go and spend several hrs finding fabrics. It was all 100% cotton and good fabric. then in 2007 my husband had a massive heart attack and has been ill ever since with all kinds of health issues. We moved back to Illinois to family that could help me and needless to say, my quilting went by the wayside. I have been working on getting it organized and out of the bins and totes I had it in and putting the bigger pieces on empty bolts from my LQS (which my daughter's mother in law owns slowly but surely it is getting better but I still buy