Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun! >

Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun!

Post quilt retreats here so we can join in the fun!

Old 01-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Haven't been on a retreat recently but I do meet up with quilting pals in Lancaster, PA every year for the show, shopping, show and tell, group dinner and just plain hanging out with each other. This year the show is earlier, end of March, so I hope it doesn't snow.

Did attend one of Alex Anderson's retreats in CA, had a great time meeting quilters that I had 'met' on her message board and a whole bunch of new quilters. Alex was just as you see her in her shows, no pressure to 'buy' stuff, and lots of fun to be with.

I've mentioned a retreat at my guild meetings but so far there hasn't been any interest in having one. I do prefer one where you do your own thing and share ideas, etc. with the other quilters, and, of course, eat and have fun. May in Jersey
Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm teaching at 3 quilt retreats in Lake Tahoe, CA this year if anyone is interested. Two retreats will be making "Mosaic Magic." The other one will be "Here, There and Everywhere."
Old 01-22-2010, 04:13 AM

I will post my phone # and email address as soon as I have one for Moonlight Stitching Studio/Sisters Retreat. West Union, IA 52175 Can't wait-this weekend is GO weekend- contractor and hubby are placing the sub floor for the bathrooms, framing the walls, replacing some windows and then Monday the new store front/facade will go in!!!! There are tin ceilings on the main floor and transome windows and cool linoleum on upper level in sleeping rooms- as well as some not so cool things- 1 renter had a fetish for tape--mostly masking tape but some duct tape and scotch tape as well- placed @ every crack/crevice--my sore fingers- even worse than doing a crash binding on a queen plus quilt! Labors of love. I'll keep you posted. My email is [email protected] if you'd like. Happy quilting. Deb
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM

There's a Quilts and More Weekend held at French Lick Resort (located in Southern Indiana) on Feb. 26 -28. Karen Stone will be there throughout the weekend. There will also be workshops, a quilt/fabric art exhibit, and a dinner featuring a wearable art fashion show. You can visit www.frenchlick.com to book an all-inclusive package. Feel free to contact me as well...I'd be happy to answer questions about it.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 AM

how about all of us Canadians? I would love to see a retreat for us in a central location as well. I would travel up to 4 or 5 hours either here in Canada or across the boarder. Any other Canadians out there willing to do the same?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Depending on where in Canada, I'd be willing to travel across the border - it would just have to be BC (sometimes I really wish I lived more centrally... but then we wouldn't have the beautiful waters that we have!).
Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 AM

There's a retreat in East Windsor, Connecticut March 26-28. In order to go, you need to join the Greater Hartford Quilt Guild (ghqg.org); dues are just $12.00. The retreat fee is $159 double occupancy, $244 for single in a newly renovated hotel. Included are 2 breakfasts, Saturday night Quilter's Buffet, a fitness center and a common sewing room. To keep the costs down, you're on your own for dinner Friday night. This hotel is handicap accessible.

The theme for this year's retreat: ¡s "Material High School Class Reunion". Saturday night's dinner is the "prom", so find your most "unusual" garments to wear. There is a really nice stair case to have a group picture taken for the "prom". This should be a lot of fun!

The hotel is right off I-91 in the northern part of Connecticut. LovingIzabella and I are going together and we would love some company from here! :)

Does anyone want to join us??? All the information is at www.ghqg.org
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Our small quilting group THE 7 SISTERS in Pa. have a retreat at North Mountain Retreat Center in Pa. twice a year. We do love retreats. One member has a time share and we sometimes take a week and go to the Quilt Show in Williams burg Va. we spend the week sewing and go to the show. Fun was had by all.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM

I sponsor a Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend once a year in Belmont, Wisconsin. Belmont is about 45 minutes south of Madison, WI on Hwy 151.

The date for my 2010 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend is November 12, 13 and 14, 2010. It is at the Baymont Inn and Suites Convention Center.

Check out the details on my website at

http://www.quiltsbybarb.com/2010quiltretreat.htm

We would love to have you join us!

Barb :-)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, I guess we need to figure out different states so we can attend to them that are closer for each other.

Karen