Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Prague and Budapest >

Prague and Budapest

Prague and Budapest

Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM

International fabric buyers come to the United States (Quilt Market) to buy the same goods. Enjoy the touring...buy fabric at home.
sandy
Old 06-30-2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by charley26 View Post
???? I am almost speechless.
Why? I agree.
sandy
Old 06-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
I have been to Praque but did the touristy thing and DH was not feeling well.. I hope someone will give you some information on this.

We used Rick Steves book in our Europe travels.

We used his guide book there too. Very interesting country. This was a few years ago and not its easy to access info on the internet too. have a great time and share photos please.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Why? I agree.
sandy
I think it is a wonderful world, and that given the opportunity and funds (sad, but necessary) to travel and experience other countries/food/culture is good for us all. Fear keeps us prisoners.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Don't know about quilting stores but Prague is in the Czech Republic which is well known as a source for glass beads. Don't know any where specific for them but there are bound to be places in Prague for beads.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:08 PM

I know that fabric is all produced in China and Japan but the fabric I bought in a little shop in Provence has a special place in my heart. Search out that fabric store. It is the best souvenir you'll find! Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-02-2017, 02:17 PM

Well, I live in Budapest. What people have said about fabric is generally true; but Hungary does have some traditional dark, bright navy blue and white fabric called kekfesto. I don't know of any shops in Budapest that carry this; but if you are in a tourist area where you see little sheds set up and people selling arts and crafts and foods, there is a good chance that there is a stand that is selling the kekfesto material. Look for clothing that is blue and white, pillows, etc. I bought some fabric at one of these stalls--they had packets of 1/4 meter bundles of 4 1/4 meter pieces. They also had a few bolts of the fabric in the shop.

If your tour is going to Szentendre, a small city just north of Budapest, there is a shop with their fabric that is just north of the old city section, within walking distance. Look at the map that is included in this website: http://www.kekfestokovacs.hu. You might have to go to the page called "az islet" on the menu bar on the left. You can put the address of the shop, Bogdányi út 36 Szentendre, in Google Maps to see the exact location.

Enjoy your trip to central Europe. Both Prague and Budapest are beautiful cities!

Carolyn