Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Praise for Fabric.com

I've read some unpleasant experiences some of you have had with online purchases, so I thought I would post about my good experience.

I recently ordered 8.5 yards of fabric for a quilt back from Fabric.com. It was $3.95 clearance fabric. The order went smoothly and the fabric arrived yesterday. I pulled it out of the box, and a small piece the fabric, about 1/2 yard, fell to the floor. I thought they had pieced my 8.5 yard order, and that I would have to piece my quilt back. BUT -- when I measured the big piece, it was a generous 8.5 yards! I can only speculate that the smaller piece of fabric was all that was left, and so they included it in my order.

My tiny stash is now a bit larger!!

I also have ordered many times from them and have had good experience and quality material.

They are my "go to" online fabric store.....
    Last week, I received 2 seperate orders from them...don't ask how much I spent.
    One piece out of about 50 was cut short. I had asked for 3 yards of this one, and I got 1. Most of the others were 1yard
    . I called up and they immediately told me they are sending me another 3 yard piece, and no, I don't need to return the 1 yard.

:thumbup:

Banned
    Ooh, Fabric.com is one of my favorite sites to order fabric from. They cut their yards 37" instead of 36". I love that! I can't count how many times I've gotten home from my LQS and my one yard of fabric (which I paid dearly for) was cut crooked and by the time I prewashed and straightened it up for cutting, I was well short of that one yard. Adding that extra inch is just another nice plus from the great folks at Fabric.com. :D

It's always nice to hear about wonderful service. I really like Fabric.com. Great service and very nice fabrics.

:thumbup: :-D

I love Fabric.com. I've ordered from them for years and never had one problem. They're very prompt too!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    It's always nice to hear about wonderful service. I really like Fabric.com. Great service and very nice fabrics.
    Ditto!

Fabric.com rocks! free shipping for orders over 35 bucks!! Now who can't spend 35 bucks on one order?? LOL
    David

I've never ordered from them but will have to put them on my list.

Kuddos to you all for the good/GREAT comments :)

Blog Entries
    Ditto on Fabric.com favorable comments. Very pleased with their service and their fabric.

Blog Entries
    I usually also order their "grab bag". It has always been more than 8 total yards. I am a scrappy quilter so I love all the different pieces. Most have been just under a yard but no smaller than a 1/4 yard. They are fast and easy to order from.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to see these positive comments. I'll remember fabric.com next time I'm looking online for fabric.

Blog Entries
    The same thing happened to me when I ordered fabric from connecting threads, I got almost a fat quarter free.

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I usually also order their "grab bag". It has always been more than 8 total yards. I am a scrappy quilter so I love all the different pieces. Most have been just under a yard but no smaller than a 1/4 yard. They are fast and easy to order from.
    I ordered it, too...just love the grab bag! Mine had 2 pieces of Kaffe Fassett fabric in it...nearly a yard each.

I use them alot as well and only once have ever had an order not filled completely and they simply sent me what I had ordered with a day or two and what had been sent in error they told me to keep. I order from their clearance items a great deal and if they no longer have an fabric in stock they let me know right away and their shipping is super quick even all the way up here in Ontario.

Blog Entries
    I love fabric.com! I am expecting an order from them tomorrow. And they do have awesome customer service.

oo I didnt know they had grab bags! I'm a scrappy quilter too. Love fabric.com and I've always found a 15% off coupon on retailmenot.com. Which means I just get to buy more fabric :) And who can spend only $35 on fabric?

I will have to give them a try. I order a ton of stuff from Conneting threads and have always been happy. I know a lot of you buy from Joanns, but they don't ship to Canada so my question is to those who order online...have you found a best place to order your basting spray and your steam a seam??(cuz I'm pretty sure you would have checked around)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    Fabric.com rocks! free shipping for orders over 35 bucks!! Now who can't spend 35 bucks on one order?? LOL
    David
    So true. They send our daily email specials, too. Soooo addictive. I have to have the emails go directly into a folder so I don't spend too much. They do give great service!

I've ordered from fabric.com for many years and have always had fast and courteous service. The one time there was an error they corrected it immediately and told me not to return the wrong selection. If I weren't on No-buy again this year I'd browse their site more often.

Diana

Blog Entries
    So nice to hear a praise report for a change. I always like it when someone goes the extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneG
    Ooh, Fabric.com is one of my favorite sites to order fabric from. They cut their yards 37" instead of 36". I love that! I can't count how many times I've gotten home from my LQS and my one yard of fabric (which I paid dearly for) was cut crooked and by the time I prewashed and straightened it up for cutting, I was well short of that one yard. Adding that extra inch is just another nice plus from the great folks at Fabric.com. :D
    I've had the same experience with my LQS. I had to go back and buy an extra 1/4 yd to finish my project. Why are they so stingy with their cuts?? I can understand that adding an extra inch on each cut might affect their profit, but it seems that they'd be more interested in having happy customers.

That was really nice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast