Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Precious weekends >

Precious weekends

Precious weekends

Old 12-06-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by mortinarose
I am a early riser also. I'm retired but I love my mornings to have coffee, check out my quilting projects and then sew. Sewing in the early morning is so relaxing and then if I have things to do there is the afternoon to get out of the sewing room and do chores or run errands.
I find if I sew in the morning I make less mistakes,as the day wears on my seam ripper and I become very intimate.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:56 PM

I'm an early riser too. I like quiet time to do devotions with my cup of tea. My DIL calls me three days a week at 7am. Of course it's on the three days I could sleep late if I wanted to. I gladly get up for her calls. I'm glad she loves me enough to want to call so often. We usually talk about Olivia. My favorite subject.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM

I love to stay up after everyone is asleep and the house is quiet.. so I stay up late late, and sometimes I stay up so late that it becomes early!! On the other hand I also love the early mornings.. I love to be awake before the birds wake up, and listen to them as they wake up.. first one will cheep.. then again.. then another will wake up and add his two bits.. then another and another until the whole morning is filled with bird songs.. Because I love both so much, I don't sleep very much at all.. Good thing I don't seem to need much anymore!