Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Precut Stash Usage Strategy >

Precut Stash Usage Strategy

Precut Stash Usage Strategy

Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 AM

It sounds like most people keep them together for the most part which is what I’ve done so far too. I’ve done the same as you ArtsyOne, picking up deals and kits, just for the fabric in them. My strategy now is to find quilts to match up with my precuts, which I have done so far and on occasion just have to buy background fabric or one or two fat quarters to make the fabric work for the chosen pattern. Thanks everyone, for sharing your strategies!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SooBDo View Post
It's an addiction, isn't it? We are curators of extensive textile collections. Since last year, I've been a follower of Gudrun Erla (gequiltdesigns.com). She came to Alaska to teach, and many of her patterns are based on precuts. In fact, she has a method of cutting her stash into increments she can use.
Thank you for the link! Here's one from her Blog specific to our Collections I thought was interesting. https://gequiltdesigns.com/blogs/ge-...ing-your-stash

I personally have a problem with precutting my yardage into strips and squares before I decide on a project, very like Bonnie Hunter's method, but maybe someday I could bring myself around to doing it with leftover scraps.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 AM

Kwiltr, I too, can't bring myself to cut up my yardage until I decide on a project. I guess it's because I make other things, besides quilt tops.It would be nice though to have a stach of pre-cuts ready but it would be my luck I'd need a larger cut than what I did...
Originally Posted by Kwiltr View Post
Thank you for the link! Here's one from her Blog specific to our Collections I thought was interesting. https://gequiltdesigns.com/blogs/ge-...ing-your-stash

I personally have a problem with precutting my yardage into strips and squares before I decide on a project, very like Bonnie Hunter's method, but maybe someday I could bring myself around to doing it with leftover scraps.