Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Prepaid shipping?? >

Prepaid shipping??

Prepaid shipping??

Old 03-29-2018, 09:46 AM

Default Prepaid shipping??

I am participating in my first swap and understand about sending the squares in a flat rate envelope, but not sure about paying the postage for the return envelope. Can I pay ahead for the return postage? Thank you.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 AM

Are you talking about the swaps here on the QB? Generally the hostess will say how she wants the return postage paid. I like to use stamps on my return envelope. Some use well concealed cash. I would ask the hostess of the swap you are in what works for her.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Each swap has it’s own requirements, it should all be explained in the swap rules. If the return isn’t explained I would contact the hostess and ask.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:19 AM

When I participate in swaps, I mail them in a Tyvek flat rate envelope and include another envelope addressed to me. I don't close the mailer up but take it to the P.O. where I get postage attached to the return envelope first. Then I close the envelope up and have the same amount of postage put on. Hope this makes sense? Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2018, 12:44 PM

I took my whole pile to the post office and told her what was going to happen. She said that as long as the ones coming back would weigh the same and the ones going out, that she sold me a postage paid envelope with just the right amount of stamps on it. There was even a postal hike between the time when I mailed it and when it was coming back and she calculated that in. I was surprised at how much it was....over $7.00. But I got it all and made the quilt. Happy endings all around.

Marcia