Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY FOR SEWING! >

PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY FOR SEWING!

PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY FOR SEWING!

Old 01-01-2010, 03:20 PM

O' well I guess, I have done this all wrong. I love to sew in my PJs. If I sew a cooked line I tell my machine to straight up. :mrgreen:
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Maybe this is why I have so much trouble with FMQ--I don't have my good dress on. (I don't own a dress) This was a good one LOL!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:37 PM

I only force myself to get dressed before hubby comes home from work, dirty dishes, unmade beds and floors that need vacuuming all wait for a different day!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:43 PM

I just read this to DH. He just laughed. I don't even own lipstick. I do own a dress though. Trust me. I don't wear it sewing.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:03 PM

If I had to wait til all the chores were done, I would never get to sew.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Maybe that's why I never get much done...just kidding!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM

oops -sent twice - sorry
Old 01-01-2010, 04:09 PM

I don't own a dress, I rarely wear lipstick, and the first thing I do in the morning is get dressed. Mainly because I take the dog out and if it is nice enough we go for an early morning walk! I get my dishes done, vacuuming done when I am darn good and ready to and not before. Husband sleeps late in the morning, so I get most everything done before he even gets up, so I have the whole afternoon to sew and get dinner ready. One nice thing about a woman - we can multi-task! So what time it takes a man to do one job, we can get three done. Heck, I can mix meringue with the mixer with one hand and stir the lemon pie filling on the stove with the other hand and not burn my hand or get my fingers stuck in the mixer and still plan on patterns for the quilt I will be making for the Cancer walk.

So that is what we all think of Mr. Singer and his fancy schmancy ideas of how we should present ourselves. Ha! Edie
Old 01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by erhausfrau
"Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to do. Never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results are difficult when indifference predominates. Never try to sew with a sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent housekeeping chores, do them first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing.

When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on a clean dress. Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order, powder and lipstick put on. If you are constantly fearful that a visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly put together, you will not enjoy sewing as you should."
The first part I actually do.

The 2nd part is hilarious!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62086.gif  
Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Ummm, I may be in trouble here. I work full time so I really only have the weekends to sew. But before I get started I make sure all the housework is done, laundry done, floors mopped, swept and vacuumed and dishes done. Shower, hair and make-up and dressed is done before I get started sewing. I just can't stand having a messy house. I'm usually going some where on the weekends so I'm ready really early. Having all this done early in the day gives me more time to sew right up until I have to leave. Guess I don't know where my priorities lie huh? :oops: