Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pricing T-shirt quilts >

Pricing T-shirt quilts

Pricing T-shirt quilts

Old 01-01-2023, 12:05 PM

Default Pricing T-shirt quilts

How do you price making a t-shirt quilt for someone? I'm finding there are lot of different ways. Please help me. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

It depends on if you are ironing interfacing to the back of the shirt squares to stabilize them before sewing. Sit down and figure out your materiel purchase prices first and then figure how much your time is worth.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:51 PM

I heard one option for quoting a price is price of materials times 3. Not sure if this would be a good quote or not. Make sure to include batting and thread too. Good luck and please let us know how you came up with a quote.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:37 AM

My preference is the person who said, I start at $4,000 and go up from there. I wish you the best. I'm sure there is a way.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:02 AM

I usually start off by saying that my quilts are expensive, and there are cheaper places on the internet. I charge $17.50 per shirt. I design, cut, interface for each one, so I charge per shirt used, big or small. I decided that I don't work for free! 20 shirts make a nice size, which would be $350.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:58 PM

I have made many t-shirt quilts. I don't think I will ever get paid what they are worth... but its a way to get some money to support my quilting addiction ha ha. It does depend on who I am making it for.... $250 is pretty much the average. With that money I have covered the interfacing, batting and other materials. Again -- I am not going to get rich, but I ALWAYS have a roll of batting in my house. The interfacing by the bolt helps make it cheaper for the quilt.

I see these as only as a way to get some money to buy more quilting supplies. Possibly when I retire I may work the pricing up a little. We will see

I think aashley33 at $350 is still a bargain... these quilts can be a lot of work