Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Primitive Quilts Magazine >

Primitive Quilts Magazine

Primitive Quilts Magazine

Old 10-13-2023, 07:14 AM

Default Primitive Quilts Magazine

Hi Everyone,

Is Primitive Quilts Magazine going digital only? I get a subscription here in the UK through a third party, but they have informed me the winter issue will be the last paper issue? Is it just international shipping that is the problem or are they going totally digital????

Help please.

Thanks

Caroline
Old 10-14-2023, 02:53 AM

Oh what a shame! I don't have a subscription anymore, but I have kept every issue on my bookshelf. There are so many good ideas! i doubt I would go back and browse digital files, but I do go through the old issues for inspiration reguarly!
Old 10-14-2023, 11:04 AM

I looked at their website and it is still saying it is a print magazine
Old 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM

https://www.newsstand.co.uk/146-quil...scription.aspx
Old 10-24-2023, 05:29 AM

I get their weekly newsletter and it was just announced today that the Winter 2023 issue will be the last print copy. All future copies will be digital. I find this so disappointing. I love sitting down with a good quilting magazine, finding projects, marking pages with sticky notes, writing notes in the margins of projects I make, etc. The email says you will be able to print out full size templates from their digital copies. Unless it’s under 8.5 x 11 I won’t be able to. Sadly, more and more papers and magazine are going the digital route. Soon paper copies will be a thing a of the past. (I know, I know, it’s better for the environment but I still don’t like curling up with my laptop and a cup of cocoa on a snowy afternoon.)
Old 10-25-2023, 09:04 AM

I only have one magazine from Spring 2023. applique rabbit with flowers on the front. I am hanging onto it for now though! One quilt of ladies to do which is sort of primitive to me and i may need the magazine for ideas.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MeadowMist View Post
The email says you will be able to print out full size templates from their digital copies. Unless it’s under 8.5 x 11 I won’t be able to.
I'm sure larger templates will have the option of either printing multiple sheets, then taping them together, or going to an office supply store and printing on a larger format printer.

Either way it's annoying. But TBH, I haven't bought an American quilt magazine in years because they're all the same - fast and easy. I do buy Australian and Japanese publications, though. Lots of beautiful and original designs.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:07 PM

French magazines and British mags I like. And Australian too. I no longer get any of them though. Hardly use the few I have left.
Old 11-05-2023, 11:22 AM

This has been my favorite magazine and I have gotten them all since the very first issue. I am so disappointed that they are going digital only. I would have gladly paid more to be able to continue getting a paper issue. They could easily have charged more than the current $9.99 an issue, which I think was a very low price for the quality magazine it has been. I love spending the evening going through my magazines. It will not be the same being digital.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:49 AM

Thanks for the info.