Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Print picture from my computer onto muslin. >

Print picture from my computer onto muslin.

Print picture from my computer onto muslin.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Post Print picture from my computer onto muslin.

I have the bubble liquid. i soaked it. Put parchment aper and muslin into printer. it got caught. I put the muslin down first and then the paper.
What did i do wrong or better still how do i do it "right"?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Administrator

iron the treated muslin to freezer paper instead. they will stick together and feed properly through the printer.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 AM

I iron it to freezer paper, and then tape the TOP of the sheet to another sheet of paper to give it more stability. I also tape the sides for about an inch from that top edge. Clear as mud? I find that just ironing to freezer paper alone doesn't always work, as freezer paper wants to curl (especially if you're using rolled freezer paper), which causes mine to enter the printer at an angle and then jamming. Insert your paper into the printer so the taped edge feeds first. I've been doing it this way for about 5 years and it's worked great for me!

Don't forget to use the BubbleJet Set Rinse to set your colors after you print!!

Last edited by cindi; 01-11-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 AM

The directions I followed that came with my BubbleJet 2000 liquid told me to treat the fabric, let it dry, then press the heavy freezer paper to the fabric. Before printing, I cleaned the paper dust out of my printer. I used a rotary cutter to trim the ravelled edges if there were any. Then I fed the treated fabric/freezer paper sheets through the printer as I would any photo paper ==one sheet at a time. Once I had it printed, I followed the directions on the bottle to take care of exces ink and to set the final image. I used both an HP deskjet and an Epson printer, If you have issues with the printer eating the fabric sheet, make sure the dust is cleaned from the machine and that your fabric/freezer paper sheets are cut evenly with no ravelled edges. If using an HP, contact their support number for info.

Originally Posted by ConstanceK View Post
I have the bubble liquid. i soaked it. Put parchment aper and muslin into printer. it got caught. I put the muslin down first and then the paper.
What did i do wrong or better still how do i do it "right"?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 AM

get the fabric kit by June Taylor made to go thru your inkjet printer
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM

I found that if I had the fabric right up to the beginning of the paper, my printer would jam. I fused the fabric to freezer paper and cut it a little smaller than a standard size of printer paper. I then taped the fabric/freezer paper mix to the paper. Once it had fed in straight, the backed fabric fed through with no problem.

As far as which way to feed the fabric into the printer. Take a sheet of paper and put an X on the upper left hand corner on one side. Place this into your printer tray and print a sample. Check where the x is located. This will tell you how you need to put your fabrifc when you print it out.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
iron the treated muslin to freezer paper instead. they will stick together and feed properly through the printer.
That is what I do, don't have any problems this way. Works fine.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
I iron it to freezer paper, and then tape the TOP of the sheet to another sheet of paper to give it more stability. I also tape the sides for about an inch from that top edge.
What kind of tape do you find works best? Masking tape? Scotch tape?
I tried the freezer paper/muslin without and then with tape, neither worked. I have an HP Photosmart printer (copier, scanner, printer).
You tape the freezer paper/muslin combo to ANOTHER piece of paper? Do you tape all around the edges, sealing them completely?
Would love to know and try it again - my printer kept seizing up and crinkling the paper/fabric. I ended up purchasing a commercial fabric sheet to run through the printer. It worked but was expensive.
Thanks!