Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2010 New Years Quilting Resolutions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2010-new-years-quilting-resolutions-t32455.html)

Pam S 12-29-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
I shall try to readopt my old new years resolution.

FINISH 2 PROJECT BEFORE I START ANY NEW ONES.

Even if I am able to stick with this I am not sure I will have all my UFO's finished in a year. :)

I've made this same resolution for the past couple of years - and resolve to finish at least 2 projects for every new bunch of fabric I bring home. I usually last until about mid-February.
So this year, I resolve not to but any fabric unless I have a specific project in mind. No more bringing something home just because I like it when I don't have a clue what I'll do with it. Maybe I'll last til March this year!

margaret light 12-29-2009 08:50 AM

Ladies: Although I have followed all of you for a very long time, I have only had to ask one question, since it seems that most of the things I need to ask, are already answered. You are all so awesome, thank you for the information, resources and encouragement you give us all. My resolution for 2010, perhaps try to participate in the forum, start on a quilt for my DS and DIL, try to curb my appetite for more fabric (also the one for chocolate as I sew), generally try to do more, grumble less and just GET IT DONE!! :) Bea

dmackey 12-29-2009 09:13 AM

If I make a resolution, are you all going to help me keep it? LOL!

I have an enormous amount of fabric that I want to cut into strips for scrappy log cabins, so this year I need to make at least one to be sure that is how I want to use it. This will also be my first log cabin.

I need to learn to paper piece. I get the idea, but have yet to do it, and I just love the Mariner's compass block, so I want to make a quilt in patriotic colors.

I make many quilts for military, deployed, and injured soldiers, so I need to focus on just purchasing red/white/blue fabrics, and try my best to avoid those yummy oriental fabrics of which I now probably own over 300 yards worth!

I have had the perfect fabric to make my SIL a king quilt for three years. I really need to decide on a design and get that quilt started!

My first grandchild is on the way and I am in the process of making two quilts, so I have the right colors when we find out the child's gender. This quilt will get priority!

I have a very dear friend who has been by my side in working military charities and he has stated that he really wants to win one of my quilts. He should have one, and I should make it, but I don't know how to sew in my sleep, but I'm working on it!

I am NOT buying any fabric this year that is not going directly in a quilt that is a WIP and that is always a patriotic quilt. I have way too much and don't want to be the one to die with the biggest stash! LOL! Besides, I need lots of batting and can save for the sales on Warm and Natural.

My intended purchase this year is to get Kaye Wood's Starmaker set of rulers. I love her quilts.

Diane

Ninnie 12-29-2009 09:54 AM

Learn how to machine quilt. And work on some of these UFOs I have .

Punksmom 12-29-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I'm with Loretta: learn to applique and paper piece. I'd like to take a class but I'm the least social person in the world so I'll probably learn from a book or video.

I am with both of you ladies. :-) I would love to take a class but am to shy to try one. So I learn from books and videos, my loss :-(
LOL Liz

bstanbro 12-29-2009 11:48 AM

Make a LOT of quilts. That is my resolution.

Boston1954 12-29-2009 02:59 PM

I would like to make another Log Cabin using only scraps. I made a very large blue one for Jim for Christmas, and it felt REALLY good using up some smaller pieces of my stash.

mommaB 12-29-2009 04:03 PM

1. ORGANIZE the sewing room :-D :-D ..again :? :lol: :lol:

thismomquilts 12-29-2009 04:13 PM

My goals, not necessarily in this order though...
1. Organize/create sewing room... I have one - it just needs to be one. (make sense?)
2. Finish my youngest stepdaughter's quilt, now that I have the backing.
3. Make my daughter's quilt. By April.
4. Finish all projects already started.
5. Finish my BOM we began in July - all blocks will be done by June, just need to make sure I quilt it when it's finished.
6. Continue making quilts for those who want to pay for them, monies going to daugther (Until October)
7. Make items for craft fairs so I can be ready in the fall.
8. I would LOVE to start an Etsy shop... we'll see...

Auj 12-29-2009 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Make a Sylvia's Bridal Quilt from Elm Creek Quilts book of same title. And HAVE FUN!

I am going to do the same thing, Lisa! What fun! Have you read any of the books?
Audrey