Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2010 New Years Quilting Resolutions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2010-new-years-quilting-resolutions-t32455.html)

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 12-27-2009 07:50 PM

What are Your 2010 Quilting Resolutions??? Mine #1 is NOT to Listen to Quilt Guild Quiltzillas Or So called Quilt Police, It has been draging me and my Creativity Down for way to Long!!! #2 Get out of some of the things that hasn't gotten done because of #1. Any of you have this Problem??? #3 Do up my own UFO's #4 Organize my quilting Things and my Studio #5 Be Here more and Be Happier Human Quilting Being.

Harmony 12-27-2009 07:51 PM

Same old resolutioin as always--clear out some of those UFOs!

amma 12-27-2009 07:53 PM

Keep cranking out charity quilts along with ones for my family..and enjoying the various swaps here :D:D:D

mumtoliam 12-27-2009 08:42 PM

Finish some of the WIPs

kwhite 12-27-2009 09:18 PM

MAKE A JANE!!!! Yippee!!!!!

lisalovesquilting 12-28-2009 12:08 AM

Make a Sylvia's Bridal Quilt from Elm Creek Quilts book of same title. And HAVE FUN!

purplemem 12-28-2009 12:18 AM

Not buy ANY FABRIC that is not "gift money". I want to see if I can go the whole year with buying no fabric out of my budget. I'm not sure if that makes sense to you, but sometimes all of my "extra" money goes to fabric. I have enough fabric "put by" to make no less than 30 children's quilts and 10 queen size quilts. I gave myself the "gift money" exception because both my dh and my son gift me "fabric money" for my birthday.

mosher92 12-28-2009 02:14 AM

I shall try to readopt my old new years resolution.

FINISH 2 PROJECT BEFORE I START ANY NEW ONES.

Even if I am able to stick with this I am not sure I will have all my UFO's finished in a year. :)

patricej 12-28-2009 02:37 AM

This year, I'm determined to improve my machine quilting skills.

Freemotion may have to wait until 2011, but I'm tired of making tops I'm proud of only to end up with a quilt I'd rather bury after I've smooshed it all out of shape during the quilting phase. :roll:

ckcowl 12-28-2009 04:48 AM

my goals for the new year are:
1) ORGANIZATION!!! if i have to spend 1/2 of my sewing time pawing through boxes to find what i need i will never get anything done.

2) finish old before i start new...bad habit i have; when a project is 'almost-done' i tend to put it aside and start a new one...so, i have stacks of (almost done...another hour and it would be outta here) gonna remedy this...i hope

3) pick 2 charities for the year and concentrate on their needs instead of trying to 'do it all' and accomplish nothing.

4)now that my work schedule is ... (scheduled) better time management should be easier to pull off. (more sewing time, less time sitting in front of the computer...bumber dude)

5)try to make at least one (small item) a week,aside from the large quilts ... like a set of place mats, table runner, ect.

6) teach at least one class a quarter, and take one class...learn something new...

7) only spend $$ on backing and batting when at all possible, use up stash, which means more scrap quilts this year...

8) enter at least 2 shows/contests

9) keep up with swaps/challenges and forum activities

10) ENJOY THE PROCESS THROUGH THE YEAR!!!