Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

carriem 01-31-2013 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a good start on my UFO for February. It is one of the 2 twin size quilts I am making from my FW Pony Club blocks. Here is the progress I made today...blocks laid out, cut sashing and squared up blocks. Then started sewing blocks together. I will put a wider blue border between the middle and the top/bottom to center it with the sides....then add borders around the outside to finish. Probably won't get to work on it again until next week.

Before and after...

Fraew 01-31-2013 05:43 PM

Ooh ooh oooh carriem! Go go go!

Hope you are feeling up to sewing again Bev.

Sapphire_Rae 01-31-2013 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my, everyone's projects are so wonderful!! And getting completed, hooray! I would like to join in; I have about 6 tops to quilt/bind, a couple might need borders so I'll ask for opinions when I get there. I also have a couple sets of finished blocks that need to be made into quilts.

Since I missed January, my goal for February is to complete this top, my Scrappy Stars. It got set aside because I needed fabric for the back, which I recently purchased, so now there is no excuse. Next time you see this one, it will be D O N E!

carriem 01-31-2013 06:04 PM

Sapphire_Rae--this is a very pretty quilt. I look forward to seeing it finished. What are your plans for quilting?

Fraew 01-31-2013 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5828698)
Sapphire_Rae--this is a very pretty quilt. I look forward to seeing it finished.

What she said! Love it. :thumbup:

dublb 01-31-2013 11:36 PM

Now that's just too lovely for words.:thumbup:

Fraew 02-01-2013 07:49 AM

Congratulations for all those January finishes! Well done all.

Its a brand new month so set those goals, post them here and let's get going. :)

By February 28th; I, Fraew, hereby commit to putting the binding on my Christmas Row by Row quilt (posted here in January) AND finish my "Quilt That Never Ends" (Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery) top.

kristakz 02-01-2013 02:34 PM

Great idea! I have my circle quilt to bind (tonight I hope) and my pink star to quilt & bind before the end of the month. I'm going to try some freehand feathers on my long arm. Let's see how that goes :)

Sapphire_Rae 02-01-2013 03:41 PM

Thanks for the nice compliments. I worked on the back today, using some of the scraps leftover on the front for the back. Hope to get it on my HQ16 tonight. I am not real experienced at the quilting aspect, not sure what I will do yet. I usually wait until I get it on the frame to decide. Hopefully will have something to show by the end of the weekend.

Keep sharing your progress! I need the inspiration.

bcross 02-01-2013 06:13 PM

My goal for February is to finish Easy Street.