Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

Fraew 02-17-2013 11:02 AM

Pineapples, chains and a beast...so much fabulous work going on here. Thank you for sharing your work and your stories. Seeing what you are doing and how you are problem solving is helping me work through my UFO issues too!

SheriR you crack me up! I mean really ladies, would you dare cut that gorgeous quilt down??? Step away from the scissors! Just keep swimming SheriR. Just keep swimming. You are so close to the finish line, you can taste it!

Quilty hugs all around. :)

SheriR 02-17-2013 11:05 AM

Fraew, thanks for all your inspiration and friendship. I really was going to cut it down, I thought about how to for weeks. I may regret not while I attempt my newbie quilting. But how ever it turns out, I know my sister will love it cause I know she loves me.

Congrats on your OFFICIAL finish!!! and the month's still young! Well.. middle aged... I hope everyone goes to post 38 to see your beautiful quilt! You are amazing!

Jacki 02-19-2013 12:07 AM

Hello Everyone. I realise that I am talking to myself as you are all tucked up in bed but it's 8am here and a bright sunny morning. Having only just found you, my UFO sort out began yesterday. Firstly, I've recently moved house so all my fabric is in the same room (that's the first embarrassment-the quantity is frightening). Then it became obviously that my UFOs will not be a labour of love! I started with 7 small blocks which were totally uninspiring. I made two more equally uninspiring and pieced them with a half decent background fabric. I have started......
When I learn how to add pics I will show you what I'm up against. Regards Jacki

Jacki 02-19-2013 12:14 AM

Help

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I had worked out how to add the pic but I failed. Can anyone provide idiot prof guidance? Jacki

Jacki 02-19-2013 12:17 AM

Sorry - it just appeared! I'll get better. As you can see, the quilt is uninspiring. However it will get rid of one more and Linus will benefit. Back to the cutting board. J

Fraew 02-19-2013 03:20 AM

@Jacki: uninspiring? I think not! You helped me solve a "block" problem by posting your quilt. I'll be stealing the 4 patch one if you don't mind and thank you for sharing.

Cut, cut, sew, sew, go, go, go! :)

carriem 02-19-2013 03:54 AM

Jacki--great job pushing through til the end of this "never ending quilt"", :) I really like the setting of blocks and borders. On to the next one.

gramajo 02-19-2013 05:30 AM

Jacki, You may find this quilt uninspiring, but I'll bet any child who gets this from Project Linus will love it. It is so bright and cheerful :thumbup:

SheriR 02-19-2013 05:37 AM

Jackie I saw a quilt hanging on the wall at James Avery with your four patch block! It was beautiful. Like yours!

luvTooQuilt 02-19-2013 06:00 AM

Great job so far ladies.... :thumbup:
Love seeing the pics...

I too am a starter but never finisher.. I piece the tops and fold away till one day, when my Long Arm arrives ( not in the very near future-But someday!) Ill be able to finish them- Beginning to End...

So for now IM a UFO maker.. lol..