Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   !5 minutes a day challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/5-minutes-day-challenge-t79833.html)

omak 12-01-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
OK I'm in. I need something to motivate me. I work from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and once I sit down at night I usually 'zone out' and do nothing but watch the boob tube!

Except now I spend hours on this board and linking from it to websites. I spent 4 hours last night watching TV and jumping from tute to tute! I could have finished a couple of Christmas gifts!

Keep me accountable folks!

Maybe we need to set up challenge buddies? ;-)

auntmag 12-01-2010 01:22 PM

If I would commit to ONLY 15 minutes a day, my house would be a lot cleaner.

donac 12-01-2010 01:48 PM

I need to commit to at least 15 minutes a day. I have a quilt to finish hand quilting before Christmas.

IBQLTN 12-01-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
OK I'm in. I need something to motivate me. I work from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and once I sit down at night I usually 'zone out' and do nothing but watch the boob tube!

Except now I spend hours on this board and linking from it to websites. I spent 4 hours last night watching TV and jumping from tute to tute! I could have finished a couple of Christmas gifts!

Keep me accountable folks!

Maybe we need to set up challenge buddies? ;-)

Hey ... let's not get too carried away, OK??? LOL

omak 12-01-2010 04:33 PM

LOL
it was just a thought <g> <wave>

JanieW 12-01-2010 04:41 PM

Glad to see so many enthusiasts. I got my 15 minutes in before I had my almost 3 year old twin grandsons for the afternoon. Good thing I did it earlier because we took them for a walk on the trails and then to the mall to see all the decorations and I am done!

Omak, not a bad idea about the challenge buddy.

Today I got a table runner cut out and pulled fabrics for the next one. Tomorrow I hope to get a baby quilt sandwiched.

nonnie 12-01-2010 04:59 PM

I'm in that's how I clean my house, except it's 15 at a time. A little here, a little there it gets done.

PiecesinMn 12-02-2010 07:53 AM

I did my 15 minutes last night. I have to put everything back into my sewing room because of it being carpeted so I'm going through everything before it goes back. Not in shape to sew yet, but hopefully soon. It's been way too long (since May) for all the renovation in the house!!

vjengels 12-02-2010 07:57 AM

I'm with you! I've been using this technique for years. I set the timer, and treat myself to 'me' time. This also works great for housework, cleaning out drawers, closets, etc. I call it the 5,10,15 minute rule.... if it can be done it that amount of time , I do it. it's amazing how easy it becomes , keeping on top of the housework.....

omak 12-02-2010 08:05 AM

I did a bunch of 15 minutes last night, and started today out the same way.
I am online for awhile and then will go back to "work" <wave>