Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   99 cents and a question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/99-cents-question-t105804.html)

Lori S 03-07-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
so cool...!!!

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It didn't take much time and I had a few extra minutes. Here is three variations of the blocks sewn together as you have it in a quilt. With rotating the blocks I got three different patterns.

I agree , how cool is that!!

bj 03-07-2011 05:29 PM

I'm guessing it's 1/4 of a trip around the world. You'd make 4 identical sections then rotate them with the red block in the middle. The diagonals going out from the red would form the diamond trip design.

Butterflyblue 03-07-2011 05:33 PM

Pretty prints! Our goodwill hardly ever has fabric anymore, and you got a GREAT price.

mommamac 03-07-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I'm guessing it's 1/4 of a trip around the world. You'd make 4 identical sections then rotate them with the red block in the middle. The diagonals going out from the red would form the diamond trip design.

I made 3 more sections & rotated them & tah dah - a TATW is forming. If you lived closer I'd think that you are the one that dropped these squares off at Goodwill. LOL I'm curious as to what size quilt I'll end up with.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. BellaBoo your variations are great - I may decide to chose one of those instead! This project has to 'wait in line' - maybe it'll be an incentive to get others done.

This board is wonderful!

sewingsuz 03-07-2011 06:45 PM

I think in my small town all the fabric people give to thrift shops is donated to the quilting quild for the scrap quilts they donate. There is not much fabric to be found in those shops. You got a smoking deal for less than dollar. show us when you get done. This is great.

Sallyflymi 03-08-2011 02:54 AM

What good fortune in finding that.. It is our turn to find great finds. Enjoy your fabric..

theresa.redington 03-08-2011 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I love those fabrics!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, you got the deal of the century!! :D
I bet it was going to be a TOTW- wouldn't be surprised.

Dumb question, "What is a TOTW?".

justlooking 03-08-2011 03:27 AM

It is a diagonal pattern, I've done it with my rag quilts! Just keep extending the rows.

applique 03-08-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Love the fabric. LOVE the price! I think you should unsew it and start over. JMHO

Edited to say I looked at the picture again and I do see a pattern there with the rows of patterns going in a slant.

An early bargello??

jad1044 03-08-2011 05:43 AM

I'm in about the same shape with a "find" at the Thrift Shop - a checkbook box of 2" squares - have not gone through them all to see what matches, but it will be fun to experiment to make them into something. I may use some of them at least for a little 4-patch quilt for the new little baby coming - so he has his own little patchwork quilt.... But will see about colors and matches I can make first. But, aren't finds like this fun? I just love them.