Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Advise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-advise-t58498.html)

nellie 08-08-2010 08:03 PM

i have the studio and still have not used it,i got my with a 12"block start,er kit

MaineGirl76 08-08-2010 08:52 PM

I have it and LOVE it! I don't regret it at all. You won't be sorry if you buy it!

Pats8e8 08-08-2010 09:20 PM

I have the Go and yes, I do love it. I bought the 2 1/2" strip cutter right off. It sure is nice. And then I bought all of the 6 1/2" pieces that go together. I also got the large rag die, it has really paid for itself. I've made so many tops with that one already. I think it is well worth the price. I would not have room to put the Studio anywhere in my house. So the Go works good for me, and I can take it with me to our little sewing bees and let others use it too. Oh, yes, you do need to buy the mat that goes with the die you purchase. But several dies use the same mats.

nana pat 08-08-2010 09:29 PM

are the Go dies the same size as the sizzix dies? could you usw the Go dies on the Sizzix Big Shot?

Happy Tails 08-09-2010 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I have the Go and yes, I do love it. I bought the 2 1/2" strip cutter right off. It sure is nice. And then I bought all of the 6 1/2" pieces that go together. I also got the large rag die, it has really paid for itself. I've made so many tops with that one already. I think it is well worth the price. I would not have room to put the Studio anywhere in my house. So the Go works good for me, and I can take it with me to our little sewing bees and let others use it too. Oh, yes, you do need to buy the mat that goes with the die you purchase. But several dies use the same mats.

Thank you guys so much for your help. I got the Go on Ebay for 250.00 but I held off buying any dies til I heard from you. I had in mind the 2 1/2 strip die so you've helped me a lot. How do you know if the die you buy will go with the mat you have? And how the heck do you guys know this stuff, u amaze me!!

cjtinkle 08-09-2010 04:09 AM

I have the Studio and absolutely LOVE it! I like it so well that I don't do quilts unless I can cut them out with the dies I have!

For me, I can't live without the strip dies (all of them!), the half square triangle dies (all of them too!), and the 2, 2-1/2 and 3 inch block dies.

Happy Tails 08-09-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
I have the Studio and absolutely LOVE it! I like it so well that I don't do quilts unless I can cut them out with the dies I have!

For me, I can't live without the strip dies (all of them!), the half square triangle dies (all of them too!), and the 2, 2-1/2 and 3 inch block dies.

I keep searching for prices on the dies. What's the best way to go about finding which is the best price to go with? Good Lord, I'll be here forever just trying to ifgure out which is the best price....thanks so much for your help

sewmuchmore 08-09-2010 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by grammo013
I use my Studio alot. The GO is not gauranteed for life and the studio is. Worth the extra cost. It is steel and will hold up for a really long time. GO is plastic and looks really flimsy next to a studio.

The 2 1/2" die is a must. I use my triangles and squares a lot. I will buy more strip dies as they go on sell.

The Studio on sale was $100 off...now I'm kicking myself. And I'm like you, I really like the lifetime guarantee.

Candace, how often do they put the Studio on sell? I am saving up now for one. Would love to catch it on sell also.

grammo013 08-09-2010 07:08 AM

They usually have a 50%off sale right after Christmas and I will be ready for it this year lol. You can only buy the studio from the company. It does take up room but it very worth it to me.
I cut quilts for charity on a large square and if I never bought another die I would be satisfied.

I do need that rag die though. It will safe me days as I have fibro and arthritis so all that clipping is a real pain.

They have 20% sales quite often. on the studio.
I belong to a group on YAHOO that is for both machines and we get lots of info and heads up about sales and patterns.

I also love my tumbler die. Finishing a flag quilt now that is super easy.

BellaBoo 08-09-2010 08:11 AM

All the information is on the Accuquilt website. Everything you want to know about the Studio or Go. I haven't found any newer product that does not have a website about it.