Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Advise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-advise-t58498.html)

AngieS 09-06-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
I need some advise from those of you who bought the Accuquilt. What dies do you recommend to start out with?? When you buy the die does the mat come too or do you buy them separate??? Now that you bought it, do you really love it? Is it worth the investment?? Please help me grrrr I'm so confused.

I have the Go. I won it on FB from Accuquilt. I really like it, but don't use it near as much as I thought I would. I have thought about selling it since I don't use it all that much. I bought a few dies when I got it and was just pumped. Now....I stay so busy it sits in the box.

No, the mats do not come with the dies. (they make more money if everything is sold separately. LOL

I have the Apple Core, the larger Tumbler and the big Rag square dies...

carolaug 09-06-2011 05:55 AM

I never use the die that came with the Go and mats are under 7.00. No need for the book...its very easy to figure out a pattern. I would not pay over 200.00 for the GO. And I love it and have one. I recommend the Tumbler dies, the 5 inch square and the 8 1/2 inch square, and circle die to start with. If you have the extra cash...the strip dies. Rememeber when looking at the cost...you do not need every die...get the ones that you would use often or if there is a special quilt you have been wanting to buy but do not like cutting like the drunken path. My husband and kids are always wondering what to get me for Birthday or Christmas gifts...now they know...; ) Oh and replaceing my mats every serveral months is cheaper than replacing rotary blades...now I only use my rotary blades to cut the little strings here and there.

Originally Posted by DeniseP
I am buying one today at Nancysnotions.com. The deal they have is the best I have found. You get the Go, three dies, two mats and a book titled "Wearables on the Go" for $299. Right now I have free shipping until Friday. I'll bet it you call them and tell them you would buy it if you got the free shipping, they would honor it. I have never heard of anyone having problems with returns to Nancysnotions as they treat their customers very well. The Go was on sale this weekend at Joann's for $199, but all you got was the cutter, no dies, mats or book. I think it's worth the extra $100 to get the other stuff that comes with this offer. The Go is priced at $349 in most places I've seen.

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Where is the best place to purchase this?

jaciqltznok 09-06-2011 05:59 AM

[quote=AngieS]

No, the mats do not come with the dies. (they make more money if everything is sold separately. LOL

That is not the reason...the dies don't wear out..the cutting mats do. So you are always replacing the mats. The cost of the mats is really reasonable I think.

BellaBoo 09-06-2011 06:01 AM

I use mine so much I would go buy another and pay more if mine broke. I'd give up my rotary cutter before my Go. I was thinking of buying the Studio but I'm happy right now with the Go. All my blocks I sew using the Go shapes go together perfectly every time. I get exactly the size I'm suppose to have. To me that is amazing. LOL

grammo013 09-06-2011 07:07 AM

I love my studio. When money is available again I want to get more of the strip dies. I use my 2 1/2" all the time.

RkayD 09-06-2011 07:22 AM

My hub tried to be real sneaky and bought mine for me for Christmas last year. It arrived a week or so before Christmas...It was agony to sit and look at a great big box that said accuquilt on the side. LoL! But I was a good girl and didn't touch it until Christmas. =) I am glad that I have it and I use it almost every day. Its a huge time saver. I started out by cutting all my fat quarters in various shapes. I have slowly ordered the dies..getting what I consider a good buy as they go on sale. My stash is dwindling as I cut. I got little plastic boxes that stack on my desk and I keep my pieces organized. I really love it. I recently ordered a butterfly die from the accucut side and am waiting for it to arrive. According to the site its compatible. The options out there are endless. I was worried when I got it and it costs so much $$ that it would just be another gadget I had that collected dust..but not so. Its used almost as much as my rotary cutter. =)

DeniseP 09-06-2011 07:41 AM

I just got an email from Accuquilt and the studio is on sale for $395. Is that a good sale? Hope it helps those who missed it last time.

sew_lulu 09-06-2011 07:42 AM

I have the Accquilt Go and love the tumbler. I do also have others but have not use them yet.

jaciqltznok 09-06-2011 08:09 AM

just got notice from Accuquilt about the studio..it is still on sale at their site!

http://www.accuquilt.com/studio-shop...consumeremails