Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Cutting System ??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-cutting-system-t103043.html)

luv2learn 02-25-2011 07:08 PM

I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

carolaug 02-25-2011 07:13 PM

me too.. and of course still buying...totally worth the money...think how much you spend on Templates and rotary cutters. You really do save money in the long run...really...

Originally Posted by luv2learn
I bought my Go cutter and extra dies before the prices began to drop, and it is still worth every penny to me. I LOVE IT!!

BabyCakes 02-26-2011 03:49 AM

The studio is not for pros but for high volume cutters/quilters. I have the studio and just love it. I have nothing negative to say about it.

hobbykat1955 02-26-2011 04:06 AM

OK ladies...sounds like you have convinced me...I'm heading to Joann's this wkend and hope it's still on sale and I'm going for it...

JanetWall 02-26-2011 04:51 AM

I have ordered one Hope it gets here today. Some of the ladies I take a class with say the wouldn't trade there's for anything. They said it would be the best money I ever spent. Good luck

CarrieAnne 02-26-2011 05:07 AM

I love the Go!!!!!!!!!! Our JoAnns used to carry thewhite matts and they now only carry the gray ones. I wonder if the gray ones are the newer ones? I like the whites much better, too!

SherryLea 02-26-2011 05:39 AM

I love my Go got it for Christmas haven't got to use it much been out of town but the little I did use it I can see where it is going to be well worth every penny my husband spent on it. I say GO for it!!!!

ksea 02-26-2011 06:12 AM

I have used mine a ton and I don't find that I waste any fabric at all and I haven't found that the handle is hard to turn. I don't notice that my dies aren't sharp and my 2 1/2inch die gets lots and lots of use. I wish that I could have bought mine for $199 but even at $349 I would definetly buy it again. If you watch the Accuquilt website they always have great sales on the dies. I can't say anything about the gray mats because I only have the white ones. I have never seen the gray ones, I am still using the orginal ones that I got last summer when I got the Go.

Debbie B 02-26-2011 06:51 AM

I went to Facebook and typed in a question about the Go mats. I got a reply that the white ones are no longer in production, but that the gray ones work just as well. Was told that you should flip & rotate (I already do that) and that even if the mat looks like crap it should keep on cutting for a while. And my mat does look like crap after using it to make 4 1/2" squares for a lap quilt. The post did state that the rag dies are really rough on the mats because of so many blades. The rag dies were ones that I was wanting to buy. Being that I am a brand new Go owner I'll guess time will tell for me.

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I love the Go!!!!!!!!!! Our JoAnns used to carry thewhite matts and they now only carry the gray ones. I wonder if the gray ones are the newer ones? I like the whites much better, too!

peaceandjoy 02-26-2011 07:00 AM

I've cut a lot of perfect strips for swaps through Quiltville, plus have used my tumbler (the small one) to cut enough for a top. Have also cut a lot of 1/2 square triangles and squares from scraps. Mats look bad, but are still going strong.

Very little waste if you position fabric properly. For example, when I did the tumblers, I put a strip that was 3-5/8" wide on the die (blades are 3-1/2"). I'd have had at least that much waste if I was cutting using templates. And as far as that goes, I'd never have done it - no way I'd spend that kind of time cutting around a few hundred pieces!

I joined pinsandneedles, a Yahoo group, so buy my dies and mats through there. Always 30% off if you use a credit card, or 35% if you pay with a check. Great service!