Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-cutter-t170515.html)

MistyMarie 12-01-2011 01:04 PM

I was thinking about asking for one for Christmas. I am worried about the investment to get all the dies though. I have a mid-arm quilting frame that I don't use and I know my husband will be thinking that I am just making another purchase that will sit and gather dust. Three years I have had the mid-arm frame and machine and still haven't even done one quilt.

tess10 12-01-2011 01:14 PM

I too have a mid arm that has not done a single quilt!!!!! I bought the Accuquilt "go" and absolutely LOVE it. I did not purchase any of the stripe cutters, but have bought alot of the shapes. Just go the double wedding ring dies......

mighty 12-01-2011 01:48 PM

I also have the go cutter and I LOVE IT!!!!

lindy-2 12-01-2011 01:56 PM

i have used one and realy like it but i think if you do alot off cutting the studio is better you can cut alot more at once.

Tootsie 12-01-2011 02:04 PM

I have the Go! Baby and love it! It cuts much more accurately than I ever could. I have several applique dies as well, and they're really cool too. If you do an internet search for the dies, you can frequently buy them on sale or at a reduced price.

BellaBoo 12-01-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4739370)
I passed on it when I saw how flimsy it is made and read about how many have had them break...I went with sizzix and got both the big shot and big shot pro!

Huh? I have had mine for over 3 years and I don't baby it at all. It is well built because:

It has fell from the top of the car to the pavement more then once
It has had a who can turn it faster contest between two 10 year old boys
It has cut chip board with no mat
it has cut old sweaters into strips and brown paper bags and sacks of plastic bags and felt and foil and paper plates and....still cut my fabric shapes perfectly!

I would buy another one in a second.

sammy89 12-01-2011 04:50 PM

love my go did not like the others try them all got the go

nannyrick 12-01-2011 05:26 PM

I have had mine for 6 months and love it. I would never think of it as flimsy. It is heavy and as others have said,
don't try to put too many layers through at once. I have tried and it becomes hard to turn the handle and I can
see where it could break.
I have no complaints at all.

peggy119 12-01-2011 11:21 PM

I LOVE mine and even bought a second one for my lake home. I have several dies including the strip dies and it makes it soooo easy to cut out strips and various shapes. I can not imagine cutting the bulk of a quilt out by hand and rotary cutter now! You might find you have more time to sew instead of cut - which I like!!

Rose L 12-01-2011 11:38 PM

Interesting thread. I have never been interested in these cutters mostly because the pictures make it look like there is a ton of fabric wasted ie; Big piece of fabric, three little cutouts. Is that how they actually work?? I wish there was a dealer or LQS somewhere close by so I could try one out.