Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Go Cutter

Blog Entries

Talking Accuquilt Go Cutter

Does anyone out there have the Accuquilt cutter and if so what do you think of it. What is everyone's opinion on this item. Would you buy or not? All advice and opinions greatly appreciated. I am not an advanced piecer or quilter.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I passed on it when I saw how flimsy it is made and read about how many have had them break...I went with sizzix and got both the big shot and big shot pro!

This topic is posted often. If you use the search feature above and search for accuquilt Go you'll find lots of info. I have the Studio, which is the commercial type cutter.

Blog Entries
    I have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro and the Big Shot. However I use mostly Accuquilt dies. I absolutly love it. It is not portable like the Accuquilt Go but I have the small one to take with me if I need to and I a have place to put the Big Shot Pro. I just had to cut 448 triangles for a mystery quilt with the rotary cutter and my arm and shoulder is feeling it. I think I'm getting a little spoiled by the die cutting machine.

I absolutely love my GO cutter. I've had it for about 2 years. Once I broke the handle - all my own fault - called them up and in 2 days I had the replacement handle and explicit instructions to install it. Also had a note that if I did have any problems installing the handle to please call them and they would walk me through it. Being as the broken handle was all my fault, I was very willing to pay for the replacement handle. They said absolutely not - so the whole process was free.
    You can cut your quilts out so much faster, and the pieces fit so perfectly together so you can piece the whole quilt much easier, too. I cut over 450 2 1/2" squares for a 9 patch quilt in about 1/2 hour.
    Did I say I LOVE IT?

Blog Entries
    I have the Accuquilt and I too love it. I don't feel that it is flimsy at all. Some people get over zealous and try to cut more layers than possible and that is usually when the machines break.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I have an Accuquilt Go and I do love it. I agree do not try to cut more than the recommended amout of layers and you should do just fine. Worth the cost esp. if you have heath issues when cutting buy hand.
    Live Love and Laugh Enough!

I have the Go, too and I love it.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Love, love, love mine!!! I too broke my handle, all my own fault. Tried to put way more fabric through than it said to and they replaced my whole machine!!!
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by kat112000 View Post
    Love, love, love mine!!! I too broke my handle, all my own fault. Tried to put way more fabric through than it said to and they replaced my whole machine!!!
    Oh, wow, I didn't realize you can break the handle when you push too much through. Thanks for that tip. I use a friend's and recently was too busy chatting with her bent her giant tray for her studio. I gave her the money to replace it. But I've been lucky so far that I haven't broken her Go also. Note to self-pay attention and don't try to do too much.

I was thinking about asking for one for Christmas. I am worried about the investment to get all the dies though. I have a mid-arm quilting frame that I don't use and I know my husband will be thinking that I am just making another purchase that will sit and gather dust. Three years I have had the mid-arm frame and machine and still haven't even done one quilt.
    MistyMarie

I too have a mid arm that has not done a single quilt!!!!! I bought the Accuquilt "go" and absolutely LOVE it. I did not purchase any of the stripe cutters, but have bought alot of the shapes. Just go the double wedding ring dies......

I also have the go cutter and I LOVE IT!!!!

i have used one and realy like it but i think if you do alot off cutting the studio is better you can cut alot more at once.

I have the Go! Baby and love it! It cuts much more accurately than I ever could. I have several applique dies as well, and they're really cool too. If you do an internet search for the dies, you can frequently buy them on sale or at a reduced price.
    In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends. ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    I passed on it when I saw how flimsy it is made and read about how many have had them break...I went with sizzix and got both the big shot and big shot pro!
    Huh? I have had mine for over 3 years and I don't baby it at all. It is well built because:

It has fell from the top of the car to the pavement more then once
    It has had a who can turn it faster contest between two 10 year old boys
    It has cut chip board with no mat
    it has cut old sweaters into strips and brown paper bags and sacks of plastic bags and felt and foil and paper plates and....still cut my fabric shapes perfectly!

I would buy another one in a second.
    Got fabric?

love my go did not like the others try them all got the go
    cat and quilts = greatest combination

I have had mine for 6 months and love it. I would never think of it as flimsy. It is heavy and as others have said,
    don't try to put too many layers through at once. I have tried and it becomes hard to turn the handle and I can
    see where it could break.
    I have no complaints at all.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I LOVE mine and even bought a second one for my lake home. I have several dies including the strip dies and it makes it soooo easy to cut out strips and various shapes. I can not imagine cutting the bulk of a quilt out by hand and rotary cutter now! You might find you have more time to sew instead of cut - which I like!!

Blog Entries
    Interesting thread. I have never been interested in these cutters mostly because the pictures make it look like there is a ton of fabric wasted ie; Big piece of fabric, three little cutouts. Is that how they actually work?? I wish there was a dealer or LQS somewhere close by so I could try one out.
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

Blog Entries
    I would love one but can't afford it! Being visually impaired Im
    Sure it would be great!!

I love my go,like anything else there is a slight learning curve but once you get the hang of it,you'll breeze through cutting strips,shapes etc. I love how the half square triangles turn out with no dog ears.

I have the Accuquilt GO and I love it!. Pieces are cut accurately and fit perfectly to the piece that needs to be added. Just don't try to cut too many thicknesses at one time. Better to go slower and get better results.

Have it haven't had time to use much...but happy with it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
    Interesting thread. I have never been interested in these cutters mostly because the pictures make it look like there is a ton of fabric wasted ie; Big piece of fabric, three little cutouts. Is that how they actually work?? I wish there was a dealer or LQS somewhere close by so I could try one out.
    If you cut the fabric just to cover what design you are going to cut with a little extra you won't have much waste at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast