Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-cutter-t170515.html)

mommabear62 12-01-2011 07:33 AM

Accuquilt Go Cutter

Does anyone out there have the Accuquilt cutter and if so what do you think of it. What is everyone's opinion on this item. Would you buy or not? All advice and opinions greatly appreciated. I am not an advanced piecer or quilter.

jaciqltznok 12-01-2011 07:35 AM

I passed on it when I saw how flimsy it is made and read about how many have had them break...I went with sizzix and got both the big shot and big shot pro!

Candace 12-01-2011 08:18 AM

This topic is posted often. If you use the search feature above and search for accuquilt Go you'll find lots of info. I have the Studio, which is the commercial type cutter.

dmarie 12-01-2011 08:20 AM

I have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro and the Big Shot. However I use mostly Accuquilt dies. I absolutly love it. It is not portable like the Accuquilt Go but I have the small one to take with me if I need to and I a have place to put the Big Shot Pro. I just had to cut 448 triangles for a mystery quilt with the rotary cutter and my arm and shoulder is feeling it. I think I'm getting a little spoiled by the die cutting machine.

juliea9967 12-01-2011 08:22 AM

I absolutely love my GO cutter. I've had it for about 2 years. Once I broke the handle - all my own fault - called them up and in 2 days I had the replacement handle and explicit instructions to install it. Also had a note that if I did have any problems installing the handle to please call them and they would walk me through it. Being as the broken handle was all my fault, I was very willing to pay for the replacement handle. They said absolutely not - so the whole process was free.
You can cut your quilts out so much faster, and the pieces fit so perfectly together so you can piece the whole quilt much easier, too. I cut over 450 2 1/2" squares for a 9 patch quilt in about 1/2 hour.
Did I say I LOVE IT?

auntpiggylpn 12-01-2011 08:23 AM

I have the Accuquilt and I too love it. I don't feel that it is flimsy at all. Some people get over zealous and try to cut more layers than possible and that is usually when the machines break.

crafterrn1 12-01-2011 08:31 AM

I have an Accuquilt Go and I do love it. I agree do not try to cut more than the recommended amout of layers and you should do just fine. Worth the cost esp. if you have heath issues when cutting buy hand.

momto5 12-01-2011 12:43 PM

I have the Go, too and I love it.

kat112000 12-01-2011 12:49 PM

Love, love, love mine!!! I too broke my handle, all my own fault. Tried to put way more fabric through than it said to and they replaced my whole machine!!!

charity-crafter 12-01-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000 (Post 4740437)
Love, love, love mine!!! I too broke my handle, all my own fault. Tried to put way more fabric through than it said to and they replaced my whole machine!!!

Oh, wow, I didn't realize you can break the handle when you push too much through. Thanks for that tip. I use a friend's and recently was too busy chatting with her bent her giant tray for her studio. I gave her the money to replace it. But I've been lucky so far that I haven't broken her Go also. Note to self-pay attention and don't try to do too much.