Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go Cutter >

Accuquilt Go Cutter

Accuquilt Go Cutter

Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM

I got one at the Houston show, but I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet. I am in love with the idea though.I hope it works!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:12 AM

I have the go baby also. I only have 2 or 3 dies and haven't made any thing yet.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I passed on it when I saw how flimsy it is made and read about how many have had them break...I went with sizzix and got both the big shot and big shot pro!
I have managed to bite my tongue in the past when you have made negative comments that seemed inappropriate to me. However, this time I must say something. It's all right to say you don't like the GO, but do you really have to say mean and false things to make your point?

You admit that you don't HAVE a Go, so your comments are not based on first-hand knowledge.

You said that you 'saw how flimsy it was made.' Hmmmm. That's simply not true. It is a heavy-duty piece of equipment. The dies are meant to last for a lifetime.The manufacturer will replace them if they don't work right. I've only read that one of our members has had that happen - and Accuquilt quickly and cheerfully replaced the die.

You said that you had heard 'how many of them break.' Interesting - I haven't heard that even one has broken. Perhaps you're referring to the matts that some people have had trouble with because they were using them incorrectly. I read the directions and learned to NOT line them up the same way every time I used them, and they did not crack or develop deep cuts. Matts are not designed to last forever,though. I've had very good luck with mine, and I haven't had to replace even one after using my GO for a year.

I do not work for the manufacturer of Go. I am just a very satisfied customer.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:01 PM

I have the Sizzix big shot and I love that machine.....dont get me wrong I also wanted the accuquilt but the dies are so dang expensive....so one day I was in Joanns and had a 50% coupon and I got the sizzix with two dies all for $52.00 so I thought ok lets see what it can do...well Ive done fleece,felt,fabric,plastic so far and when I do fabric for applique I use a stabalizer that I can iron on to what ever Iam working with project......what I dont understand is why the accuquilt is never on sale nor are their dies so it makes it really hard to afford these days...but thats just my opinion......but if Santa put the acuquilt under my tree hey I wouldnt be upset lol but thats not going to happen....Trish
Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM

Had one, didn't like it as it wasted fabric and was constant expense for new dies to do what I wanted. i sold it and purchased an Alto quilt cutter 2
Old 12-03-2011, 05:51 PM

I am a very satisfied owner of the Go! The first time I used it to cut 2 1/2 inch binding strips it paid for itself in my mind. I hate rotary cutting. Don't like templates much either. This machine is just wonderful. I have cut up all my scraps in to shapes for some scrappy quilts too! And I don't know where on earth anyone would get the idea it's flimsy. It's quite heavy and I think, fairly well built. As long as you don't force it to cut more than is recommended and use some common sense when cutting things like fleece, you'll enjoy it. I think it would be a wonderful Christmas gift!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
I bought an Accuquilt in October especially for the ease in cutting squares for Raggy Quilts. So far I haven't had time to use it, but also I want to buy more dies for it. Does anyone know the best source for buying dies at the best prices?
Quilting Warehouse has the best prices. Their only disadvantage is that they won't have the newest dies, but they have all the standard ones.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Love mine too!