Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go Cutter >

Accuquilt Go Cutter

Accuquilt Go Cutter

Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 AM

I have one "love it". Recently I just did a major clean up of my sewing room. I pulled a box of scraps and cut them into various sizes. Now I am ready to sort them into color's. I got nearly 25 jelly rolls and a ton of 5" sq's. Scrappy here I come.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 AM

I have the Go and just love it. Makes your quilting so much
easier as the pieces are all cut perfect. Well worth the money!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 AM

I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. I am completly in love. Now granted if you are a good cutter with the rotery - it may not be for you. As far as wasted fabric - I have much much less wasted fabric. So much so that my husband may be tired of me showing him the little scrap I have after cutting.

My blocks looks great and the best part is they actually all fit together without a lot of pulling and tugging! Yes - it may cost a lot - but is worth it to me.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 AM

Thank you for all the info on this subject and I will search again as well as I have thought about purchasing but wasn't sure; had thought about it for a Christmas gift for my mom who quilts a lot and didn't even think to ask about it on here. Thanks to all.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:25 AM

I have the Go cutter and love it. There is very little fabric waste- depending on how you place your fabric on the die. I learned how to use the cutter by watching the free videos online.

I also don't find my Go to be flimsy at all. In fact, I was surprised by the weight and the solid feel of it. Like any tool, I'm careful on how I use it.

I don't make quilts as much as most of the posters here seem to but I love to sew and have used the Go to cut for many projects. The 5 inch square makes a great square for making coasters.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:43 AM

My quilt guild lends out the Accuquilt Go. I used it to cut 8 1/2" blocks for a jeans rag quilt. Four hours to cut the jeans and flannel backing. I cannot imagine hand cutting all those fringes. So ... the Go Baby is my Christmas gift this year. The die sizes are limited, but I'll live with it. So excited to start using it after the Christmas projects are done.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:48 AM

Hi Candace I also have he Studio but have never used it. I thought I would get a couple of dies with it. I didn't realize they were so expensive. Could you recomend which ones would be good to start out with.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:52 AM

Ok, this may be a stupid question but I didn't think you could use the Skizzix for fabric. Are the dies interchangable with the Accuquilt?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 AM

I bought an Accuquilt in October especially for the ease in cutting squares for Raggy Quilts. So far I haven't had time to use it, but also I want to buy more dies for it. Does anyone know the best source for buying dies at the best prices?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lonestardreams View Post
I have the Go cutter and love it. There is very little fabric waste- depending on how you place your fabric on the die. I learned how to use the cutter by watching the free videos online.

I also don't find my Go to be flimsy at all. In fact, I was surprised by the weight and the solid feel of it. Like any tool, I'm careful on how I use it.

I don't make quilts as much as most of the posters here seem to but I love to sew and have used the Go to cut for many projects. The 5 inch square makes a great square for making coasters.
I am the GO but am sure I'm wasting fabric. Where do I find the online videos?