Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   AccuQuilt GO just arrived! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-just-arrived-t54732.html)

sewwhat41 07-16-2010 04:11 AM

Keep us posted on how you like this 'gadget.' It's a lot of money to spend on something just so-so, IMO.

dkabasketlady 07-16-2010 05:49 AM

Happy belated birthday to you!!! I just love to buy myself gifts!!! Keep us posted with pics on your quilts while using your new "toy"!!!

SewinSue 07-16-2010 06:15 AM

We live in a housing area about 6 miles east of Manhattan in the country. Actually our mailing address is St. George but since we lived in Manhattan 29 years before our move to the country we still say we are from Manhattan, Kansas. GO KSU!! Sue

quilter1 07-16-2010 06:18 AM

Congratulations, I just got mine 3 weeks ago and love it. I made a 'tumbler' quilt for my first try and it cut perfectly!! I think this is going to be a good purchase.

Rural City Girl 07-16-2010 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Lucky you...I looked at those myself..just haven't taken the plunge yet!!

I say go ahead and dive in. I love mine!

stefanib123 07-16-2010 06:29 AM

Congrats! Its really nice having something like this! It's great popping out a hundred triangles(or hexs, or squares, etc) in no time at all!

I have the Cricut Expression, and I love it! I can cut any shape that I can see on my computer screen.

I also have the Sizzix, which is manual, while the Cricut is not. I don't use it near as much, though.

Chasing Hawk 07-16-2010 06:33 AM

What is the fabric waste on it? I heard it's not really fabric efficient.

Rural City Girl 07-16-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
What is the fabric waste on it? I heard it's not really fabric efficient.

You can position your fabric to cut down on the waste. I have found that it doesn't waste that much fabric. I always save what I have left over because you never know when you will need a small piece of fabric. I would not let that hold me back in purchasing this great product.

charmpacksplus 07-16-2010 07:26 AM

Please show us what you make with it. And good idea! Buy myself a birthday present if I want to get anything I really want.

BellaBoo 07-16-2010 07:37 AM

Congratulations! You can find the dies on sale from 30% to 50% off. I post in Resources when I find a sale. Be sure and go to the accucutquilters site at yahoo groups. Lots and lots of tricks and tips there. Be sure and mark you dies that save a lot of time. Check out Youtube for GO videos.

I think the first demos gave everyone the impression there is a lot of fabric waste because the fabric covered the whole die plate for easy and fast demoing.

I save all my scraps and sew them together and cut shapes from them. Be sure and read the how to on the Go website. There are some dies that have to have the fabric on the straight of grain, most I just cut any way the fabric will fit.

I buy myself presents all the time and don't think anything about it. I have gifts under my tree to me from me every Christmas. :lol: