Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   AccuQuilt GO just arrived! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-just-arrived-t54732.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 07-16-2010 08:52 AM

I'm so happy for you!!! Glad you bought a gift for yourself!!
I love buying me something lol :D

gale 07-16-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
There are some dies that have to have the fabric on the straight of grain, most I just cut any way the fabric will fit.

I was under the impression that all but the strip dies have to be cut a certain way with the selvage parallel. Which dies don't have to be cut that way?

littlehud 07-16-2010 12:12 PM

Congrats on your new toy. Have fun.

BellaBoo 07-16-2010 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by gale

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
There are some dies that have to have the fabric on the straight of grain, most I just cut any way the fabric will fit.

I was under the impression that all but the strip dies have to be cut a certain way with the selvage parallel. Which dies don't have to be cut that way?

? I cut the fabric anyway it will fit, especially scrap fabric. I layer it and cut. Some dies, the 6 1/2" square is one, needs to have the gain line right or it could cut a smidgen off. I can put 2 1/2" strips going across the strip cutter and get perfect 2 1/2" squares. Lot of second cuts you can get from most dies.

gale 07-16-2010 04:27 PM

ok thanks. I can't remember if it was in the yahoo group or on a blog but someone said they cut a whole bunch of squares without worrying about the grain, apparently, and all of them were off. I think it was 4.5" squares. The idea is that the crosswise grain stretches more and the pressure of the rollers will cause it to stretch as it's cut or something...

gale 07-22-2010 06:34 PM

My Go arrived today!! I also got the 2.5" strip die. I have been looking at all my yardage, imagining it cut into strips.

lilpoohbearie 07-22-2010 07:49 PM

Please let me know how it works I also have a back injury and any short cut to cutting would help out! Nikki

purplemem 07-23-2010 12:59 AM

I want to know details, too! I am especially interested in the strip cutters as I am "strip challenged".

SewinSue 07-27-2010 06:37 AM

I finally tried my birthday toy last evening and I LOVE it. In front of the TV with family I cut 144 2 1/2" squares and was done in a few minutes as apposed to hours maybe and each one was just perfectly shaped and just like the ones before. WOW! I'm in heaven! I also cut some 2 1/2 " strips, 3" HST and it only took minutes. It took longer to clean up afterward and take the stuff back to my sewing room than it did to cut all those.

Now--I'M JUST SURE I NEED EVERY DIE MADE!!! LOL
Sue

purplemem 07-27-2010 10:29 AM

Sue,
I would be in sewing heaven also if I had the AccuQuilt!
Did you see they now have the double wedding ring templates and the Dresden plate?
That is so so so tempting to me.
I have seen the dies on ebay, they are much cheaper there it seems.