Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt - Worth It? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-worth-t184157.html)

misseva 03-29-2012 08:57 AM

I have the Go! Loooooove it! If you are as bad as I am about cutting accurately with a rotary cutter it's worth every penny. If you start out getting a variety of strip cutting dies and cut squares from them. Or you could let your family know which dies you would like and they won't have to wonder what to get you for birthdays, christmas, etc.. Look around, you can always get a bargin price somewhere.

craftymatt2 03-29-2012 09:28 AM

Thank u for all the suggestions, i keep thinking about getting the accquilt Go, but i also checked out the Altocut2, and trying to find out what the differance is. I am going to the Paducah Quilt show in April, so i will look there also and check them out together, after all this, i probably still won't get either one. I mainly want it for squares and strips, I would like to make a log cabin and a trip around the world. So I thought either one of these would be great. Thank you again for all the help, even tho i didn't start the thread, it has been very helpful.

jcrow 03-29-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5095050)
I have the Go and Go Baby. I use mine more then my rotary cutter! I can have a queen size quilt cut in minutes. My quilt pieces fit together perfectly. I had a learning curve at first and thought I'd never use it much but when the concept kicked in I was off and running. I can make many designs from one die just by placing the fabric half way on the die in different ways. I have most all the Go dies and haven't a pieced pattern I can't adapt and cut with the Go. I would buy it again in a second. I had the Alto Quilt Cut 2 before the Accuquilt. Now I use the Alto for cutting fabric to fit the Go. I don't think of a tool in terms of what it cost. I think of what value does it give me in relation to the cost. The value of time saved and perfectly cut fabric pieces makes the price secondary to me.

I totally agree with you. Anything that will help me, I buy. Speaking of buying, I would love to buy an Alto Quilt Cut 2. Any places that sell them inexpensively?

Ziva 03-29-2012 10:06 AM

I love mine as it makes cutting more accurate. I have bought most of the stip cutters and then can cut various squares, rectangles, etc from them. Since I am not the most accurate cutter the Accuquilt is marvelous to me.

Fraew 03-29-2012 10:23 AM

I love my Studio! Super fast, accurate cutting! Yes it can be expensive so I watch for the sales and only buy what I want/need when I have a discount code, it's on sale or it's on "Daily Deal".

PM me if you want shopping tips. :)

BellaBoo 03-29-2012 10:42 AM

I have the Alto. It's a very well made quality item. I don't use it that much since I got the Go for cutting block pieces but it's fantastic for cutting bias strips. If you purchase it at the quilt show be sure and make it your last purchase. Believe me on this! It's way to heavy to tote around the show and almost too much to carry to your car or hotel room from the show. The Alto vendor has always been in the main quilt show usually on the second floor. I suggest buying it and having it shipped to your home if you will have to carry it any distance.

kacklebird 03-29-2012 10:47 AM

I heard the Sizzix Big Pro is the way to go as it can use multiple dies.

Krystyna 03-29-2012 10:48 AM

So much to think about here. I wish there was a "try before you buy" option somewhere!

PaperPrincess 03-29-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5099886)
So much to think about here. I wish there was a "try before you buy" option somewhere!

Check with your local quilt shops many have them, or if there is a guild near you there is sure to be a member who has one who hopefully will let you try it. I'd invite you over, but it's a bit of a drive!

Pickle 03-29-2012 10:55 AM

I like mine mostly for strips I have a bad shoulder so I like the nice clean cut I get with mine it makes the piecing much neater and easier. It is not a must have but I am satisfied with mine.