Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   advice on using pounce pads please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/advice-using-pounce-pads-please-t120265.html)

kwilter 05-03-2011 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dizzydene
I have used it and I rub the area first with a slightly damp cloth and then it sticks and shows up fine (on dark fabric only).

Recently I bought a laser pen from Floyd and Lizzies quilt shop and drilled a hole thru my long arm machine and fastened it on. The shop told me exactly how to do it.

Now I can lay a pattern right on my quilt and using the laser pen to follow the pattern, I can quilt without having to mark or pounce my quilt.

Me, too! I Googledf laser light pen and got many sources. I want to be SURE the one I get will not burn fabric! Please help us out here!
THANKS

I too would love to see how it was done and where to get your light.[/quote]

8-)

Tinabodina 05-03-2011 12:14 PM

I just got one, but have not used it yet. Will be in the next couple of weeks. You can also purchase a Neon chalk for the darker fabrics. I bought it because I like the idea you iron it on and it comes off when washed.

Lynda H. 05-03-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by kwilter

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy

Originally Posted by Dizzydene
I have used it and I rub the area first with a slightly damp cloth and then it sticks and shows up fine (on dark fabric only).

Recently I bought a laser pen from Floyd and Lizzies quilt shop and drilled a hole thru my long arm machine and fastened it on. The shop told me exactly how to do it.

Now I can lay a pattern right on my quilt and using the laser pen to follow the pattern, I can quilt without having to mark or pounce my quilt.

Me, too! I Googledf laser light pen and got many sources. I want to be SURE the one I get will not burn fabric! Please help us out here!
THANKS

I too would love to see how it was done and where to get your light.

8-)

Is there a difference between a laser pen and laser light pen? I know there are laser lights. They are different than laser pens.

Gramily 05-03-2011 02:24 PM

I have been researching this for a couple of days. from what I found out the Magic brand is not chalky and less messy. I comes in blue and white powder refills. They recommend an applicator for each color. I think I am going to try one. Do a Google. lots of places sell them and the refills and prices vary. I checked so many places that I forgot who had the best price.

jamsbuying 05-03-2011 02:43 PM

I have used it with success!

sewingsuz 05-03-2011 04:00 PM

Please discribe what this product looks like and where you get it. I ask at Joanns at the cutting table and no one knew what I was talking about. Thank You

Originally Posted by Holice
You use it like an eraser and rub it over the stencil.
You don't pound it. I like it as you can mark as you go and don't have to do the entire quilt.

Dee 05-03-2011 04:37 PM

Never tried this method. Heard of it. I like the cin and powder idea.

Lynda H. 05-03-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Please discribe what this product looks like and where you get it. I ask at Joanns at the cutting table and no one knew what I was talking about. Thank You

Originally Posted by Holice
You use it like an eraser and rub it over the stencil.
You don't pound it. I like it as you can mark as you go and don't have to do the entire quilt.

Google "Pounce Chalk" and you will see pictures of the product.

margecam52 05-03-2011 05:05 PM

you don't want to use the blue alone! It does not come out of the quilt & can stain. Take a tiny amount of the blue and work it into the white...you just want a hint of color that will show on white surfaces.

Eileen 05-03-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I have one and tried to use it a couple of times, It marks the design fine if you get real close to look at it. Problem is it does not show up dark enough for me to see it unless it is on black or very dark fabric. Was looking for the powder in other colors but not found any yet.

It also comes in a blue. Saw it at a shop hop I went to this past weekend.