Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All of a Sudden I Have a Stash And Multiple Projects!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-sudden-i-have-stash-multiple-projects-t221925.html)

Jingle 05-21-2013 06:41 AM

I like to have lots of choices when starting a quilt. One can't have that if they don't buy lots of fabrics. My story and I'm sticking to it.

jcrow 05-21-2013 06:48 AM

Doing my first shop hop is how I first started my stash. I bought fabric from every store I went into. I was so excited to have a stash at last. Now I have such a big stash that my sewing room runneth over. I've given away more fabric than I can remember to get my room under control. But it's finally under control. And my stash is still huge. Welcome to the club!!

I don't have to buy another piece of fabric (except backing and batting) for the rest of my life and I can sew every day just fine with fabric left over. That's how big my stash is. And I'm in my 50s.

cjsews 05-21-2013 06:51 AM

I have that problem. While collecting fabrics for a project a new pattern hits my eye. And guess what, I have the perfect fabric for it right here. Well there went the stash for the previous project. Do I scrap that first idea and have extra stash or try to rebuild what I just took from it? It is such a dilemma.

luvstoquilt 05-21-2013 08:08 AM

Do you remember the cartoons of Schrooge McDuck rolling around in his money? I could do that with my fabric. I love my stash or is it my HOARD? Welcome to the world of quilters!!! I am not sure many of us can resist another piece of fabric.

grammysharon 05-21-2013 08:20 AM

Welcome to the crazyness!!!!

grannie cheechee 05-21-2013 08:20 AM

I have sooo much stash I could probably open a shop. LOL, but I'm not the only one that helps me buy more. My DH will stop at a quilt shop, and say don't you need something?

mckwilter 05-21-2013 10:28 AM

Now is the time to begin organizing, mainly so that you won't use the fabric you bought for one project in a different project. I use redwell folders (from the office supply store). Each folder holds the pattern, the fabric and any specialty rulers, templates, notions, etc. for one project. My redwell folders sit on a bookcase, and I can look into each one and see exactly which project is in it. When I work on one, if I don't finish it, all the pieces go back into the redwell. That way, nothing gets lost. Some people use plastic boxes.

quilter2090 05-21-2013 12:12 PM

Join the club! I have lots of fabric, sewing machines, etc. When you go looking at fabric when you have no project in mind, you are a quilter. It kinds of sneaks up on you. What I tell myself is,hey,I could have a worse addiction,so I don't stress about it.

Nammie to 7 05-21-2013 04:41 PM

When I look at what I have I wonder where some of it came from as I certainly don't remember buying it!!

twinkie 05-22-2013 02:57 AM

Sometimes you blink your eyes and the entire room is full.