Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All of a Sudden I Have a Stash And Multiple Projects!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-sudden-i-have-stash-multiple-projects-t221925.html)

MimiBug123 05-22-2013 03:41 AM

LOL! We are all in the same boat on that one! The best part is loving it so!

Gretchen 05-22-2013 03:53 AM

I found myself doing the same thing so when I was reorganizing my sewing room I began to put "special to do projects" in clear plastic containers so that I could keep the collected fabrics and patterns together .. I believe I am up to 20 "to do" projects and have 4 projects I am actively working on... I tell myself that these projects are for the rainy day... you know when you are short on cash an need something to do...

qwkslver 05-22-2013 04:02 AM

It blindsides you. One minute you are happily working on one project and the next you got it piled to the ceiling and you're saying WHEN am I going to get time to get this all done? :) Go with the flow.

Emma S 05-22-2013 05:59 AM

Welcome! We are an elite group but there is always room for one more. It is a form of insanity but as the saying goes, "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute."

Rose Bagwell 05-22-2013 06:06 AM

Welcome to the club, I to have amassed a huge stash of fabric and lots of UFO's. I believe for the most part, it is part of the process of being a quilter. I do know a couple of quilters that are one project at a time. Maybe I will get there one day.

Mariposa 05-22-2013 06:09 AM

Yes, stash happens. And oh what fun!! Then you can make smaller projects, or perhaps try a scrappy quilt.
Bonnie Hunter's site: www.quiltville.com is a great place to find lots of fun scrappy patterns. Happy sewing!

sewmerry 05-22-2013 06:11 AM

Welcome to the CLUB!!

Carol34446 05-22-2013 08:15 AM

Don't you know babies (Material) appear in your stash when your not looking? They have to do something while sitting around.

MargeD 05-22-2013 08:51 AM

Sometimes it happens when you're not looking. Several years ago I saw a gorgeous batik Boston Commons quilt from Heartbeat Quilts, so I've spent a few years collecting batik fabrics for that quilt. My son wanted an Egyptian quilt - so I bought all the fabric from Keepsake Quilting, got sidetracked with other things, then he got married and my DDIL wants a quilt in lavender and purples. Oh well, maybe I'll make that quilt and sell it for money to buy more fabric. LOL I still haven't finished the BOM I started on Craftsy, plus, I hate to say this, but I have 2 - yes two - BOM from 2007 and 2009 that have never seen the light of day - yet. Besides the fabric I purchased, I have had people give me fabric because they know I quilt, so sometimes the quilt stash reproduces when you're not looking.

quiltmau 05-22-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by yel (Post 6076009)
welcome to the wonderful world of quilting .....you have only just begun....

A big yes one this one!!!!

you are now an official quilter/addict. Welcome to our world!!!