Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   alot of talk about labels- and wanting to sell your quilts-be informed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/alot-talk-about-labels-wanting-sell-your-quilts-informed-t144787.html)

Charlee 08-13-2011 05:16 PM

Heh! It's been happening for YEARS at craft fairs....this not labeling things.

People with allergies are gonna ask before they buy something that's not labeled...it's a way of life for us.

I figure that if they want to fine me for not labeling, then so be it. Register to sell on that website and pay their fees, and you might as well hold a beacon over your head and ask for trouble.

carrieg 08-13-2011 05:29 PM

I think flamability may be a reason along with fiber content for labeling. A lot of the fabric for sale actually states on the bolt 'not to be used for children's sleepwear'.

ckcowl 08-13-2011 05:31 PM

wow- i am really sorry i bothered to let any of you know --- even though this has been around for decades- protecting us from (bad stuff) mostly from other countries---and has nothing to do with 'big-brother watching' or the quilt police- it is simply a safety issue i thought people wanting to break into the (retail sale) of their crafts should know about-
everyone always takes their chances---
with safety issues, copy right issues, all kinds of stuff---
just trying to pass on information to those who care about doing things ethically (and legally)

patricej 08-13-2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
wow- i am really sorry i bothered to let any of you know ---

never apologize for trying to do the right thing or for trying to help others.

personally, i am grateful for the reminder.

quilt-fanatic 08-14-2011 12:35 AM

I prefer to think the labeling applies to items that can be 'mass produced'. IMHO Quilts do not apply.

tmg 08-14-2011 04:01 AM

I thank you for the info. It has been in-lighting.

provbs 31 08-14-2011 04:11 AM

Thank you! You are kind to take the time and trouble to post this information.
May God bless us all this day!

pscott392 08-14-2011 04:13 AM

Thanks for this info. Just passed it on to a friend that sews skating/re-enactment costumes/etc. so that she will be aware.

honeebee 08-14-2011 04:17 AM

thanks for the info

justflyingin 08-14-2011 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by SharBear

Originally Posted by Sandy-lou

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Yep I thought I seen a Fed at the last craft show I went to! Very strange this lady was. She was trying to blend in, but can you really blend when you show up in a vintage pink Buick wearing a pink suit? Very suspicious to say the least. I dont know but she might have been looking for illegal aliens also.

she may have been a Mary Kay makeup consultant lol

My first thought was - not a FED - MARY KAY!

Me too! Can't imagine a Fed wearing a pink suit and pink Buick. I imagine them in a conservative suit of some kind. Or dressed like everyone else so they don't stand out.