Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Amazon fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/amazon-fabric-t248099.html)

Doggramma 06-08-2014 07:46 AM

I buy fabric from Amazon all the time. Some of it comes directly from the Amazon warehouse (Kona fat quarter bundles, for instance). It's in a plastic bag then put into the mailing box. When the fabric comes from one of the outside vendors, it's always in a plastic bag inside the mailing envelope. I've had mixed mailing experiences from some Ebay vendors. I've gotten fabric from some Ebay vendors that aren't put into plastic first.

Prism99 06-08-2014 09:42 AM

You need to look at the main page of the listing, as right under the name of the item will be listed who is selling it. Different sellers offer different levels of quality of service. Whenever possible, I try to buy items that are both *sold* by Amazon and *shipped* by Amazon. It makes returns really easy. If Amazon is not the seller, then I check the seller's feedback before deciding whether to purchase.

Also, I believe Amazon bought fabric.com some time ago. One of the QB posters mentioned seeing the same fabric on both sites. Since fabric.com offers free shipping with orders of $35 or more, it's always a good idea to check Amazon fabric against fabric.com . I usually also check eBay and bugfabric.com (they carry a lot of older lines of fabric).

DebraK 06-08-2014 09:46 AM

bugfabric.com has lots of great fabric choices that you don't don't see anymore, and at good prices.

not affiliated, just an observation ;-)

meyert 06-08-2014 10:40 AM

I love Amazon.. I have purchased fabric from them and have never had any problems. But to echo what others have said.. they are more of a middle man. That is actually how I found Fabric.com. I saw some fabric on Amazon that was sold by Fabric.com. Now I just look at Fabric.com first. But I have purchased other fabric and never had problems

tebill 06-08-2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6749932)
the ones that i found on amazon are sold by fabric.com

I bought some ant fabric from fabric.com through Amazon. I later found the same fabric at my favourite local quilt store - same quality, great fabric. I wouldn't hesitate buying from fabric.com again.

Mitch's mom 06-08-2014 11:40 AM

I bought some fabric that came from Fabric.com. The amazon transaction was fine but I was a bit disappointed with the packaging. The fabric had to be sent on a roll. Because of carelessness the one end of the fabric was crushed inside the shipping container. It was laminated fabric and it was for a rush job. I had no time to return it so I made the best of it.

Quiltngolfer 06-08-2014 11:58 AM

I heard a while back that Amazon bought Fabric.com. Not sure if it's true, but I think it is.

Donna P 06-08-2014 01:14 PM

Thank you for all your input....I know Amazon is just a go between but was just wondering if you did buy any through there site if it come a good quality and packaged good. I have bought from Fabric.co and rom Marshalls dry goods and have never been disappointed. You have answered my question thank you ever so much.

Donna

Tink's Mom 06-08-2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6749932)
the ones that i found on amazon are sold by fabric.com

Are the prices the same?

quilts4charity 06-08-2014 02:56 PM

I have, I order a lot from Amazon, everyone is right, it comes from Fabric.com and I've never had a problem with anything I order from amazon.