Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Amazon fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/amazon-fabric-t248099.html)

lclang 06-09-2014 03:55 AM

I have purchased a lot of items from Amazon and never had any lasting problems. I did get a Kindle that wouldn['t boot up and when I called they did their best to help me and when that failed they put a new on in the mail the same day and overnighted it to me, which I thought was wonderful customer service. I got an iron, lots of sewing items, books, a tool for my husband, and all were well worth the money. I have not ordered fabric though.

Wanabee Quiltin 06-09-2014 05:15 AM

I ordered some a couple of times, but each time it came from a different vendor. Both times it was packaged very good.

nanac 06-09-2014 06:06 AM

AMAZON bought out Fabric.Com, so that's where their fabric comes from. I have purchased fabric from them several times, and have never been disappointed. Many times, I have needed fabric on short notice, and the LQS says it will take 2-4 weeks to get that fabric in, again, but with Amazon, I have never had to wait more than a week.

Roberta 06-09-2014 07:40 AM

I bought the backing for my very first quilt from Amazon. I had searched the local stores and just couldn't find anything that would work. I held my breath and hit the "buy" button and the material was beautiful.

Carol34446 06-09-2014 08:00 AM

I have bought from Amazon and E-Bay and never had a problem.

celwood 06-09-2014 09:41 AM

I heard that Amazon purchased Fabric.com. I don't know if it is true or not

puzzler 06-09-2014 11:50 AM

The info I found on the internet says the purchase of fabric.com by Amazon happened in 2008. Amazing that so many of us never knew.

Sew_Silly 06-09-2014 12:20 PM

I just bought some 2 yards of muslin by Crafty Cuts for $5.98 total. Says shipped by and sold by Amazon if you look it up on Amazon search. Haven't done a search to see if Amazon sells other fabrics, but there are quite a few other merchants that do :)

RipStitcher 06-09-2014 12:21 PM

I went driving around (my own little shop-hop!) back in January or so - on the hunt for fabrics for The Gypsy Wife quilt pattern - I was looking for "S'more Love" by Moda. It had come out in August (goofy time to come out with summer/camping line, IMO) ... but nobody had stocked it to begin with - much less have any of it left. Bummer!

Seems nobody else thought it was as cute as I think it is... so I'm the lone goof that wanted it for a quilt for my hope chest for my next camper!

I'm grateful I could run around the internet and find all of the parts I wanted. I bought a fat quarter bundle from Amazon, some yardage from Fabric.com... and I scored 2 yards of a border print for this line from a seller on Etsy.

Overall, I've had great experiences buying online.

I still prefer to hit the LQSs often enough to catch an entire line if it turns me on. :)

Momo 06-09-2014 02:31 PM

I frequently buy fabric from fabric.com. They ship fast and it's great quality. I recommend them.