Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Analysis Paralysis (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/analysis-paralysis-t39230.html)

sewcrazygirl 03-11-2010 11:13 AM

i love your avatar, he looks so lost, Little lamb lost :)

tkhooper 03-11-2010 12:04 PM

You mean that isn't part of the quilting process?

I thought waking up in the middle of the night to check the pattern and make sure it is what I thought was a part of the process.

Are you trying to tell me that taking a month to choose the fabrics that go in the quilt isn't part of the process.

Is this Quilting 101? Or have I stumbled into the Quilting Zone?

May in Jersey 03-11-2010 01:30 PM

Hasn't happened to me yet with my quilting but that's just the way most of my house work and errands get done, I wear myself out thinking about doing them and then I fall asleep. LOL! May in Jersey

lots2do 03-11-2010 02:22 PM

Yes. I have been worried lately. I have all kinds of projects I want to start/work on, and I seem to be suffering from paralysis as well. I've hoping it's just March's influence on me and that I'll be more motivated soon.

jljack 03-11-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
(Gonna get it spiral bound).

How do you do that? (or should I say "where" do you do that?)

FedEx office or one of those.

Boston1954 03-11-2010 03:21 PM

Oh yeah!! I have done that more than a few times. But then, there are other times when it is just so easy and everything comes together perfectly. I guess it all evens out just enough to keeps us motivated.

thequilterslink 03-11-2010 03:56 PM

oh i am suffering terribly from it right now, i got the book Bargello with a twist, have been trying to find "just the right" combination of fabrics for about 5 months now, out of each combination, one is jsut not right lol

lots2do 03-11-2010 04:05 PM

Okay I self diagnosed and decided I have a mini-case of the blues (for a perfectly good reason) and finally went ahead and placed that order with Nancy's Notions I've been wanting to do for a while (free shipping).
May the fun begin!

JanieW 03-11-2010 04:06 PM

While I am sorry to read that there are others who are afflicted with this problem, it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

I have a collection of 1930's fabric that I love, but I can't figure out the best way to showcase them. I want to make a bedspread for us, but it has been three years since I got those fabrics and I cannot settle on what to do! Ack!

MadQuilter 03-11-2010 04:11 PM

Janie,

I had a blue fabric with little flowers on it that was too purdy for words. Every time I thought I was going to use it, I pulled back. Then one day the PERFECT pattern jumped out at me and I ended up using THAT fabric. It was meant to be and at the end I had just scraps left. The quilt was wonderful. Don't give up - the solution is just around the corner. You'll see.