Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   another issue with Joanns coupon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-issue-joanns-coupon-t89742.html)

nursie76 01-12-2011 06:09 PM

I had a Rowenta travel iron and it leaked like a sieve. I got a black and decker digital on Amazon for less than $50 and it is awesome! I feel bad spending the money on the Rowenta, but I do try to use it beside my sewing machine for quick dry presses.

bgullett 01-12-2011 06:14 PM

I bought my side table iron, a little travel iron at Walmarts. I believe it was no more than $15.00. Works great and has steam and such on it as well. I love it!

plainpat 01-13-2011 02:57 AM

That's when I got my small "toy" iron.On sale at 25% off,plus I had the 10% off coupon....good on total purchase. So the $10 cost turned into $6.50

Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
Although you cannot use a JoAnn's coupon on irons...they do put the irons on sale for 25% off a couple of times a year. They also do a sale a couple times a year for $20 off of the irons.

plainpat 01-13-2011 02:58 AM

WOW.....you're lucky the house is still standing!

Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
I bought a proctor silex from Dollar General or Family Dollar for 9.99 haven's had a problems with it yet. Almost a year now and I've forgotten to turn it off many times a left it running for days. (oops)

Lindsey 01-13-2011 03:34 AM

I got a GE iron at target for five dollars. works for me.

bluadept 01-13-2011 03:59 AM

Joann's will only accept a competitors coupon if it is for something that both stores sell. Like you can't use one for fabric because the other stores do not do fabric. Joann's does honor competitors ads as well. Just get the MOD and the ad from the other location for the date you are visiting and they will take care of the price difference.

newfiegirl 01-13-2011 05:13 AM

If you read the fine print on the Michael's coupons, they are not good for books or magazines; each store I guess has their restrictions and that is why I buy my books at JoAnns. I have gone to my JoAnns and used myriads of coupons especially when they have their "holiday" coupon bash. As for BB&B, I pulled a mangled coupon from under my car seat (almost 2 years old) and had no problem. In fact I love BB&B, because you can use multiple coupons (did 12 coupons for 12 items one day). Yippee!

Crickett Sweet 01-13-2011 05:22 AM

I bought one of the Rowenta travel irons to take to retreats and classes, etc. Thought I would really love it. I used if for avout 18 months even though it leaked when it's on but upright, and not in use but the handle will not stay in the "up" position now and it has rendered the thins useless.

GammaLou 01-13-2011 05:51 AM

Yes, JoAnn's will put their irons on sale, so if you can wait you may find a sale. I got a Shark at Wallmart for about $40 and loved it. It got dropped a few times (grandsons visiting)and so I replaced it with a Rowenta. It's fine, but I do miss my Shark!

Lady Diana 01-13-2011 05:55 AM

Sometimes you can go to the Joanns website and use the coupon on items not honored at the store, and it works. Using the coupon on line always works with sale items, it takes the price back to the original price, then discounts it. The stores will not do that.....unless the manager approves, which is rarely.

I have owned several Rowenta (large) irons, never had any problems. I have two of their travel irons that I take to class.
I enjoy the one with the long handle that Sharon Schamber uses. It gets hot quickly and has steam if you need it. Whenever I take that one to class, my classmates love it, and have since, purchased their own.

D in TX