Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   another issue with Joanns coupon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-issue-joanns-coupon-t89742.html)

roselady 01-11-2011 07:56 PM

My small iron that I use next to my sewing machine quit working, and I really need to replace it. I wasn't crazy about the one I had, but it worked and was better than nothing. Joanns carries the rowenta travel iron for 54.99, way too much for me, but I had a 40% off coupon, if it wasn't on sale. Yay, it wasn't, BUT, in the fine print, irons are excluded from using the coupon. I thought for sure someone here on the board had said they bought an iron using a coupon. Is there a chance that a coupon will come available sometime that will allow me to use it for an iron, or are all their coupons basically the same? Thanks for your help.

oatw13 01-11-2011 07:57 PM

In my experience they are all basically the same. The exception may be the ones that they issue a few times a year that are 15% off your total purchase or something like that.

Bummer about the iron.

starshine 01-11-2011 08:23 PM

I think I read someone using a coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond for a Rowenta -theirs are 20% if you use it soon and then 10% if you use it later- sooner is usually a couple of weeks after the coupons come in the mail and the later is about a month after that- I think

quiltlady37 01-11-2011 09:58 PM

Joann's coupons can't be used on anything by Fons & Porter.
I assume they won't let them discount their items.

OneMoreQuilt 01-11-2011 10:02 PM

Although you cannot use a JoAnn's coupon on irons...they do put the irons on sale for 25% off a couple of times a year. They also do a sale a couple times a year for $20 off of the irons.

craftyone27 01-11-2011 10:05 PM

One thing I just discovered is that JoAnn's honors competitors coupons. This is good because if you have a Michael's craft ftore or Hobby Lobby that has goos coupons you can use them at JoAnn's. I had one that was good for 40% off entire purchase, including sale items. Check for those locally to see if one may help you!

Jan in VA 01-11-2011 11:27 PM

Before you spring for that Rowenta iron, google "Rowenta iron consumer reviews"......they've been getting lots of bad press for quite a while now.

Jan in VA

Sew Krazy Girl 01-11-2011 11:42 PM

You might try going to a thrift store for an iron. I found mine for $5. It's not a Rowenta, but it does the same job as one.

gale 01-11-2011 11:53 PM

When I bought my Rowenta travel iron it was on sale for 50% off.

sharoney 01-12-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Before you spring for that Rowenta iron, google "Rowenta iron consumer reviews"......they've been getting lots of bad press for quite a while now.

Jan in VA

I went through 4 Rowentas before I finally gave up on them (they leaked, badly) and bought a Bosch. It's the best iron I've ever used.