Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Rookie mistake, what would you have done. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-rookie-mistake-what-would-you-have-done-t90464.html)

noveltyjunkie 01-15-2011 06:56 PM

It looks beautiful. Are you going to use the thread you used for the repair to quilt it?

Farm Quilter 01-15-2011 07:22 PM

Excellent repair! No one will ever know it's there if you don't tell them! You did brilliant!!!

keolika 01-15-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
It looks beautiful. Are you going to use the thread you used for the repair to quilt it?

I hand quilted it , and it is all done, yes I did use that thread and it is hardly noticeable at all. Thanks for the compliment Rita

vschieve 01-15-2011 08:31 PM

THis quilt is gorgeous. I want to know where to find the pattern and tutorial. AND,only you know the mistake and until you did the close up of the fix, I could not see a thing in the world that might have even been a hint of a mistake. And the fix is well done. And you are a beginner?? Awesome....

vschieve 01-15-2011 08:34 PM

This made me laugh and to me that gives your quilt much more character I call a "conversation piece!" That's cool; an unintention going into the flow!

Originally Posted by kapatt
It looks great to me. That is a beautiful quilt.
As for cutting a new piece and putting it in... you might decide to do that next time just for the fact that it may be important to you to know that everything was done the way the directions said to do it.
(In my case, I would just shrug my shoulders and say..."oh, well". I do make changes "if" I think it is going to bother me to know that I didn't do it the way I believed I was suppose to do it.)

I have made mistakes on my quilts and some of them make me laugh. In making the Underground Railroad, I goofed on the flying geese block. The flying geese block (made up of 4 smaller flying geese blocks) is suppose to have each small block of flying geese point to the next small flying geese block. One of my blocks point the wrong way and my geese look like they are going to escape out of the block. I didn't notice this until I had trimmed the completed big block to 12 1/2 inches. When I spotted it, I busted out laughing...and decided that I would keep it like that because it made me laugh.

Quilting is fun...don't let the little things take away the enjoyment of making your quilts.

moonwolf47 01-15-2011 09:01 PM

Can't see the mistake, sorry. Beautiful quilt!!!

JoanneS 01-15-2011 09:13 PM

Nope - I sure don't see it. And - what a beautiful quilt!

Rusty's Mama 01-15-2011 09:36 PM

No one but you (and now all of because of the close up phote - Hee Hee) will ever know! Great fix and the quilt is beautiful!

Annz 01-15-2011 09:40 PM

I cann't see it. The quilt looks great to me.

bjdemir 01-15-2011 09:41 PM

beautiful pattern. I could not find the mistake either, and remember the quilt is not supposed to be perfect. Besides when it is quilted it will strenghten the area the error abides in.