Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Rookie mistake, what would you have done. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-rookie-mistake-what-would-you-have-done-t90464.html)

cheryl222 01-14-2011 05:49 PM

This a quilting "WHERE"S WALDO" ! I still can't see it!

MadQuilter 01-14-2011 05:49 PM

no idea what you are taling about, so I guess you must have fixed it well. Very pretty, btw.

kbs 01-14-2011 05:50 PM

I can't see it and it is a beautiful quilt.

MTS 01-14-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by keolika
Here is a close up of the repair.

Ah, okay, now I see the boo boo (and that's only after magnifying the close-up image a few times).

First off, I wouldn't call it a newbie mistake. I'm sure there are plenty of experienced quilters right here on this board, if not this thread, who have uttered some pretty colorful language when something like this happens.

And it does happen.

I usually start hopping up and down, cursing ....well, never mind, I'm sure you can use your imagination. It ain't pretty. And it takes a long time to get over my stupidity. :wink:

The only piece of advice I could give you, if it really, really bothers you, is to get a fine black Sharpie pen, and use it to go over the zig-zag thread on the black fabric. I often use this method myself. Do the same for the green fabric with a green pen. The thread doesn't show up so much on the pink fabric.

But that's only if it's driving you insane. It's impossible to even see on the first picture, and one really has to look for it in the close-up. And if it's going to be wallhanging(?), hang it with that block at the top.

It's a lovely quilt. Enjoy it and move on to your next project.

keolika 01-14-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by MTS

Originally Posted by keolika
Here is a close up of the repair.

Ah, okay, now I see the boo boo (and that's only after magnifying the close-up image a few times).

First off, I wouldn't call it a newbie mistake. I'm sure there are plenty of experienced quilters right here on this board, if not this thread, who have uttered some pretty colorful language when something like this happens.

And it does happen.

Wow, you guys are so encouraging, I feel so much better now, I am going to take your advise with the colored ink, I tried to use a neutral thread color but fixing it on the darker fabrics would be better. I am giving it to my daughter ( a non quilter) and am not going to tell her about it, so hopefully she will enjoy it. Thanks again all. Rita

I usually start hopping up and down, cursing ....well, never mind, I'm sure you can use your imagination. It ain't pretty. And it takes a long time to get over my stupidity. :wink:

The only piece of advice I could give you, if it really, really bothers you, is to get a fine black Sharpie pen, and use it to go over the zig-zag thread on the black fabric. I often use this method myself. Do the same for the green fabric with a green pen. The thread doesn't show up so much on the pink fabric.

But that's only if it's driving you insane. It's impossible to even see on the first picture, and one really has to look for it in the close-up. And if it's going to be wallhanging(?), hang it with that block at the top.

It's a lovely quilt. Enjoy it and move on to your next project.

LAB55 01-14-2011 07:16 PM

Beautiful !! Don't see anything wrong !!

LoveBug 01-14-2011 07:16 PM

I think you did a great job fixing it! Don't worry about it. We have enough things "wrong" with us without pointing out our mistakes to others. :)

e

Babs194068 01-15-2011 02:42 AM

I'm sorry I guess I am not experienced enough to see your mistake. I think your quilt is awesome.

stitchinwitch 01-15-2011 04:53 AM

Beautiful

moreland 01-15-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
It looks beautiful here, can't see any mistake at all, so you surely didn't ruin the whole thing. And don't think that's a mistake that only rookies make either.

I agree--I couldn't find the mistake. Beautiful quilt.