Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any help please, Brother PC-420 stopped working, ideas??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-help-please-brother-pc-420-stopped-working-ideas-t209558.html)

barny 12-29-2012 02:11 PM

I'm like BellaBoo. this is better than the show I'm watching. I hope the outcome is good.

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 02:14 PM

Thats my fear...is it is the timing...on the feed dogs you can move them slightly sideways prior to tightening the 2 screws..hubby has tried them in several positions and it still happen...sigh...when I told him someone is posting this is like a mystery, keep posting to see how it ends...he said here is how it ends, you buy a new machine....for once, I really don't want a new machine...I have loved this lil Brother so much!!! And if I do get a new one, I am leaning toward the Janome Horizon 7700...which is a lot of money...but I can't see taking this one in and paying $75.00-$100.00 for just the service call...I paid about $400.00 for it new less than 2 years ago....Thanks again, so very much, you have been so helpful!!!!!
Kif

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 02:16 PM

Hubby is putting it all back now, and I am going to give it a go and see if it sews....fingers, toes, eyes crossed!!!
K

leatheflea 12-29-2012 02:21 PM

Just dont hit reverse!

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 5748152)
Just dont hit reverse!

For sure!!! I will be lucky if it sews at all...and if it does, I don't know if I even want to try the backstitch...lol...I have to laugh to not cry....I guess you and I are now the stars of CSI: QB....haha...thanks again for taking so much time and the pics to try and help me...
K

leatheflea 12-29-2012 02:23 PM

You know I've been know to smack and curse my machine, it seems to help, well with my frustration....Maybe you need an Irish coffee, It works for me!

leatheflea 12-29-2012 02:27 PM

As I sit here on pins and needles, I wonder if the needle bar has shifted?

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 02:41 PM

Hmm....how to check that?? You should really be a sewing machine repairman/guru!!! I am fixing to give it a sew, now...be back in a bit...

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 03:17 PM

It is sewing!! Its doing a straight stitch and also does a zig zag...it even does a backstitch...I did not sew very fast, because I am scared to....lol...also when I tried to use the auto thread cutter it makes a weird kinda grind noise and doesn't cut...but I will worry about that later....at least for now it sews!!! Thank you again so much!!! You are my sewing machine, picture taking heroine!!!:thumbup:
Regards,
Kan
PS I will let you know if we decide to check why the auto thread cut isn't working...IF....lol...thats what scissors are for, eh?? Though the auto cut and the knee lift are 2 of the main reasons I went with this machine...ah well, at least its sewing!!!
Thanks so much!!!
K

kiffie2413 12-29-2012 03:20 PM

Hubby is already brainstorming why the thread cutter isn't working...I am guessing something got put back in wrong or something...will have to look at the thread cutter part closer...we also have your close up pics that we can refer to, I just need to find the part where the thread cutter is put in....by the way, I didn't notice the lint at all.....lol....I was just so happy to see a close up pic!!!
K