Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any other dry irons out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-other-dry-irons-out-there-t273179.html)

tessagin 12-12-2015 08:50 AM

That's what I do. Have never had a dry iron. Just didn't use water.

Originally Posted by katier825 (Post 7399957)
I just use a regular iron and don't put water in it.

carolynjo 12-12-2015 09:35 AM

My favorite iron with a no-holes sole plate is an ancient one I found at a Habitat Resale place. Maybe look there?

feffertim 12-12-2015 10:31 AM

I found a black and Decker dry iron on Ebay recently. My iron from Vermont CS bit the dust last month after two years

nannyrick 12-12-2015 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7400059)
I couldn't live without the steam from my Rowenta. Good Luck in your search.

Me too!!! I love the steam.

rryder 12-12-2015 12:33 PM

I have had no luck with the Continental from Vermont Country store. The first one they sent me was damaged in transit according to FedEx and they wouldn't deliver it as a result. Vermont Country Store sent a replacement that heated up really fast and was good and seemed really nice, but the 2nd time I used it something started rattling around inside, so it went back. Vermont Country Store sent yet a third Continental to me, but the sole plate was incredibly rough (a manufacturing defect) and dragged the fabric around the ironing board as a result. So I sent that one back too... Oh well.

Rob

caspharm 12-12-2015 02:38 PM

I have used Rowentas and now I have a Panasonic Cordless. I never put water in them and just use a spray bottle of water or 50/50 water and Best Press.

I also unplug my iron when I am done using it.

louieblouie 12-12-2015 09:12 PM

I put a hair scrunchie around my wrist BEFORE I plug in my iron - then I remove the scrunchie AFTER I unplug the iron. That way I'm not wondering if the iron is on.
I use a dry iron and spray bottle, too.

fred liniger 12-12-2015 10:49 PM

Most dry one now are old mine belonged to my mother which is a G E I used it when growing up as a kid. And I'm 67 now. Still works great. Don't want to walk away from it. It still gets hot and will scorch very quickly as always. I received it in her passing. A lot of memories there. A lot of Bt chewings. I got to do a lot of the Ironing as a kid. Always starched and ironed. Weren't no per pres back then. Found one a while back at GW 5$ needs rewiring.
Still get very hot. Looking for org cloth cord.

soccertxi 12-13-2015 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by louieblouie (Post 7402262)
I put a hair scrunchie around my wrist BEFORE I plug in my iron - then I remove the scrunchie AFTER I unplug the iron. That way I'm not wondering if the iron is on.
I use a dry iron and spray bottle, too.

I am a spray bottle user as well. My iron is plugged into a power strip along with a lamp. I turn on the iron at the power strip-and on goes the lamp. When I turn off the iron at the power strip-off goes the lamp. If the room is dark when I quit for the night, I know the iron is off. (not my idea, but I LOVE It...and my DH knows the iron is off and quit bugging me)

Onebyone 12-13-2015 07:03 AM

I found a dry iron, a new one. It's the new Clover Wedge iron. It is perfect for applique projects and for keeping next to my machine at classes. After I used it yesterday I bought another one for my quilt friend for Christmas.