Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any pattern-holics here? I gave up fabric some time ago, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-pattern-holics-here-i-gave-up-fabric-some-time-ago-t196993.html)

pollyjvan9 08-08-2012 05:06 AM

I don't know how I missed this thread this morning...I just started a thread because I have been reorganizing and got all my patterns in one spot and could not believe how many I have.

gramarraine 08-08-2012 05:51 AM

I have way too many patterns that I have cut from magazines that I don't want to keep. I am going to go through my patterns soon and have a big cleaning day.

lfstamper 08-08-2012 05:58 AM

My hand is raised too. Hope DH is not looking.

Sewnoma 08-08-2012 06:10 AM

I draw my own patterns, mostly. On graph paper first, then the ones I think are worthy of further playing get punched into EQ7.

I am known for filling entire pages with quilt block doodles during our weekly 2 hour meetings at work, LOL. Fortunately my boss is a firm believer that people who doodle during meetings are still paying attention so I don't get into trouble. (I do occasionally flip to a different page and make an actual note, I actually AM paying at least SOME attention.) And honestly if I weren't doodling I'd be trying not to fall asleep during half of these meetings...

Right now I'm making my first quilt from a pattern, and I'm not making the actual quilt pattern in the book, I just am using the block design. And I DON'T LIKE how it's assembled; I wish I'd made a test block first because I can think of at least one way to simplify the block construction but it's too late because I already cut everything out for the way the book has it. Live and learn!!! So I re-built the block in EQ "my way" in case I ever want to use it again, LOL.

clsurz 08-08-2012 06:31 AM

No!

I don't own patterns "as buying" cookie cutter patterns.

I prefer to design and create on the fly so to speak.

Now I do like to spend money on fabrics and when I went to Paduach at the end of April ended up buying 400 plus yards at Hancocks of Paduach. They had a huge sale going and I knew I'd never find such good quality fabric around here.

Neesie 08-08-2012 06:54 AM

Patterns? Love patterns! Sewing patterns, crochet patterns, quilt patterns, craft patterns . . . . I love to see how things are put together . . . whether or not I actually put one together, myself. :)

KwiltyKahy 08-08-2012 08:22 AM

My sister calls this PAS, pattern acquisition syndrome. It is very widespread and easy to succumb to. I'm afraid to count how many I have. I HAVE to downsize!!!

RonieM 08-08-2012 09:13 AM

You are not alone - there are many of us out there. :)

virtualbernie 08-08-2012 10:30 AM

Was just telling my sister that I was going to start buying patterns only when I'm going to make the actual quilt. I have soooooo many patterns I know I'll never be able to make them in my lifetime. I know I won't stop buying them because I see such wonderful stuff on this board but I will cut down.......maybe:D

nhnative 08-08-2012 12:02 PM

I have so many patterns and even more quilt magazines. I have stacks I haven't even gone through yet.