Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any pattern-holics here? I gave up fabric some time ago, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-pattern-holics-here-i-gave-up-fabric-some-time-ago-t196993.html)

Prism99 08-07-2012 07:34 PM

Any pattern-holics here? I gave up fabric some time ago,

vowing to work through my stash, and have been very good about that. But now I seem to have transferred my hoarding habit into pattern acquisition. I must have enough patterns for several lifetimes, yet I'm still drawn to that *new* quilt pattern I've never seen before that would be perfect for......

Jan in VA 08-07-2012 07:46 PM

Me, too, but thank God I don't buy them, I draw them. I'm up to 14 quad-ruled graph paper pads now and the drawer is almost too full to close.:rolleyes::D

Jan in VA

quiltsRfun 08-07-2012 09:13 PM

Add me to the patternaholics anonymous group. In addition to collecting patterns from quilt magazines I have hundreds that I've designed in EQ7. It's just fun to play. I know I'll never sew them all but I feel I've made them by creating them.

burchquilts 08-07-2012 11:37 PM

Yep... I have books & magazines & patterns spilling out of my sewing room & now have been going NUTS downloading stuff from online. I know I'll never make even a tiny fraction of them, but just in case... LOL!!!

ArtsyOne 08-08-2012 04:14 AM

Me too. I ran across a sale of quilting magazines for 10 cents each and spent ten dollars. Then I had to go online to find the missing issues in order to make complete years. Then I found downloadable patterns all over the internet and started printing those out in full color. This weekend I did an inventory of my quilting books - I have 137. Some books I have three copies of! But there's nothing better than sitting on my bed with a pile of magazines and reading each one for the fifth time looking at my next quilt.

Psychomomquilter 08-08-2012 04:20 AM

MEEEEEEEEE! from crochet, copied off line on some sites, quilting smae thing, I try to keep them organized , but you know how that is. and as for fabric, yeah, didn't realize I did some hoarding there! so am trying to get stuff organized, and/or get rid of it...

ksdot417 08-08-2012 04:22 AM

I'm also a member of patternaholics anonymous. (Only I'm really not trying to quit just yet.) I have so many patterns and books that I've had to create a list to carry with me to shops so I don't buy duplicates. Last time I checked the list was 23 pages long. Guess it's still cheaper than therapy.

ghostrider 08-08-2012 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5425393)
Me, too, but thank God I don't buy them, I draw them.

I'm with you, Jan. The only pattern I've ever purchased was designed by a friend and I bought it as a 'souvenir' of our friendship.

Chicca 08-08-2012 04:47 AM

Patterns, patterns and more patterns.....Yippee!!! I just love looking and dreaming about each one and how this piece of fabric would look. It is wonderful therapy and so much fun.

sandy l 08-08-2012 04:50 AM

Next time SO says something about all the patterns and books I have, I'll pull this thread up and have him see how much some of you have. I'm in the "nowhere near you" catagory:D