Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-doing-bonnie-hunter-mystery-t165184.html)

jaciqltznok 11-02-2011 05:11 PM

not me...I am TWo mystery quilts behind..hehehe.....heard this one is NOT for the beginner nor faint of heart!

lheizen 11-02-2011 05:14 PM

wow is that going to be labor intensive :)

yayaquilts 11-02-2011 05:28 PM

HI-thanks for this thread. I looked over her blog and decided it's another to add to my reader. I also checked out this mystery quilt and I think I will do it. I haven't done a true mystery quilt before and have always wanted to do one. I think it will be fun and a great way to use fabric in my "collection!" (Not that I need another project, but hey, why not?!?! Maybe we can keep this thread going as a place for us to chat about it-that would be fun too. What do you think??

pjnesler 11-02-2011 05:49 PM

I checked out all the steps of one of the earlier mystery quilts and it looks like fun - may need to try this time...

amazon 11-02-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 4620959)
HI-thanks for this thread. I looked over her blog and decided it's another to add to my reader. I also checked out this mystery quilt and I think I will do it. I haven't done a true mystery quilt before and have always wanted to do one. I think it will be fun and a great way to use fabric in my "collection!" (Not that I need another project, but hey, why not?!?! Maybe we can keep this thread going as a place for us to chat about it-that would be fun too. What do you think??

I received her email, checked it out ,looks really labor intensive, but I still want to try it. One of the perks of the boards new face lift is we could start our own group ,yeah, how ? not sure, but I did see that option. will have to check it out . I'm in!

Sadiemae 11-02-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 4620602)
Do you think it is too advanced for a beginning quilter to try?

Her mysteries are not complicated, but Bonnie will tell you they are labor intensive with a lot of pieces. She does a great job of explaining and if you follow the group you can ask questions and get extra help.

nursie76 11-02-2011 06:32 PM

Is there a way to sign up so I can remember when a new step is posted? I looked around on her blog site but couldn't find that option.

Sadiemae 11-02-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76 (Post 4621278)
Is there a way to sign up so I can remember when a new step is posted? I looked around on her blog site but couldn't find that option.

I don't know about email, but there is a Facebook page and a Yahoo Group that might help. Sorry I couldn't answer about an email.

pstrwife 11-02-2011 07:21 PM

I am going to save all the instructions so I can do it later. I'm trying to use up alot of my stash and I like alot of her patterns.

baskets4moo 11-02-2011 07:35 PM

I just finished sortin' my stash & picking out my colors, purples, blues/teals and browns. I've never done a mystery so I'm really looking forward to it. Just hope I have time to keep up.