Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Anyone Cramming to Get a Quilt Finished for a Christmas Present? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-cramming-get-quilt-finished-christmas-present-t208757.html)

nygal 12-20-2012 05:56 AM

Yesterday I finished hand quilting the batik sampler shown in my avatar. It took me five days to do all the SID. It came out great and is now hanging up in the hallway so I can see it every time I pass by. I did want it done this week.

psthreads 12-20-2012 06:17 AM

I am trying to finish 2 quilts, one for SIL & one for GS. Also daughter decided I need to applique some pillow cases for GD. Not sure everything will get done, but I'm trying

cherrio 12-20-2012 07:07 AM

OVERACHIEVER! lol. congratulations

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 5728328)
Put the last label on the last quilt this afternoon. I made 8 quilts for presents this year.

cherrio 12-20-2012 07:09 AM

"I'm Trying" is my new mantra. Lord I SWEAR I will plan better this year. . .

Originally Posted by psthreads (Post 5730821)
I am trying to finish 2 quilts, one for SIL & one for GS. Also daughter decided I need to applique some pillow cases for GD. Not sure everything will get done, but I'm trying

cherrio 12-20-2012 07:12 AM

That is BEAUTIFUL! I would want it where I could admire my handywork also. That's some serious flying geese there. again, not my strong suit, no matter which method I try. any tips? please

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5730782)
Yesterday I finished hand quilting the batik sampler shown in my avatar. It took me five days to do all the SID. It came out great and is now hanging up in the hallway so I can see it every time I pass by. I did want it done this week.

newestnana 12-20-2012 07:40 AM

Finished one late last night...checked my list and there's another I haven't even started. Yikes, I don't even have the fabric!

oldtnquiltinglady 12-20-2012 08:21 AM

The one by "newestnana" above would be given to the one wanting it in a pretty package, pattern and fabric, with a handwritten promise for next year--and I would start on it the week after New Year's. I have a friend up the road who did just that last year (we quilt together and visit with each other off and on all through the year)--and she put it on the long arm and finished it about a week ago......done in time nevertheless. I can't do all those cute little smiley faces, etc. or I would put one here.

solstice3 12-20-2012 10:28 AM

I quit... use to worry and push myself... now it is what it is. I would rather be late or substitute something else until I can get it done right

pyffer3 12-20-2012 12:25 PM

I am only on my second quilt, (though I have a couple of other quilt tops started), but I think I will not make any promises and therefore if I make something for someone it is a surprise and not a "half to" or a request. I think if someone requests a quilt it needs to be done any other time of the year beside Christmas. Between work, home, husband, children, grandchildren, and other commitments there just isn't enough time to please everyone! Just remember life is too short. If all else fails give the gift unfinished with a note that you will finish and get it to them asap!

mammab 12-20-2012 03:03 PM

I am getting one back from the quilters tomorrow, so I need to do the binding, hopefully before Christmas. Then there is the one at home that I need to bind, preferably for Christmas. May not happen. Days always seem to run out before the work is done.