Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone doing aiming for accuracy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-doing-aiming-accuracy-t225370.html)

cdwatson 07-09-2013 02:35 PM

For the Quilters that have already started, what fabric are you using. I really like Pat Sloan's Bobbins and Bits fabric but will have to wait until September to get it. Are there any suggestions?

oldtisme 07-09-2013 09:58 PM

Judylg, I have all the instructions saved for a later time but it sure looks like a fun one!

gardnergal970 07-10-2013 04:30 AM

Thanks for posting this link. I really like quilts with different size blocks like this one. I'm in and will try to use fabrics from my stash, as limited as it is. I almost cut out the first block yesterday but I'm still wavering over the contrasting color and it was too hot to be making such a difficult decision anyway.

judylg 07-10-2013 08:11 AM

It is a nice pattern, I have wanted to do one with different blocks too. I am waiting for the 11th when the next one comes out.

nancia 07-10-2013 09:30 AM

thanks for the connection! my quilt room is such a mess i'm not sure i could find 20 free fabs! oops! time to re-organize!
or is that just an excuse? i am thinking.....

DOTTYMO 07-10-2013 10:12 AM

Down loaded them so far waiting for a day to sit and do them. Life gets in the way so often

CorgiNole 07-10-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by cdwatson (Post 6168533)
For the Quilters that have already started, what fabric are you using. I really like Pat Sloan's Bobbins and Bits fabric but will have to wait until September to get it. Are there any suggestions?

I'm using blue & white - I've been collecting blue & white fabrics, so was able to pull them all from my stash, though I did add one more that I found at the monthly end of bolt sale.

If you look at the galleries under each lesson - the link is prizes and submit photo - you'll see a multitude of variations. A couple folks are using Christmas fabrics, others are working certain colorways and some look to be truly scrappy.

Cheers, K

gardnergal970 07-21-2013 04:55 AM

How are you all progressing? I'm really liking this quilt along and am learning a lot. I've been using templates almost exclusively and this is a great way to learn simple rotary cutting/piecing. I didn't get the contrast right in the first block and a couple of botched corners so I will be redoing that one. I'm using about 12 different fabrics so it's a fun challenge to keep them balanced and playing well together.

DOTTYMO 07-21-2013 09:15 AM

I have the instructions but don't have time to do them. Should be starting in a few weeks. Around stage 4.

michelleoc 07-21-2013 01:23 PM

Okay, thanks SO much for posting information about this quilt-along. Seriously, I've got 57 UFO's that I'm trying to finish and 6 BOM's. But this quilt is so dang cute I'm going to have to do it as well! I've gotta go check my stash...